North Carolina - Satanists Killers Arrested

Not actually satanists.  They may claim it, they may use the word - they have literally no idea what they are talking about

This, and also, why don't the news write "christian killers arrested" every time they arrest a christian killer ? because they're to common ?

• Like 3

I dont get it.  If they claim they worship satan, doesnt that make them satanists ?

If you claim to be Catholic, people take you at your word.

If you claim to be Muslim, people take you at your word.

If you claim to be a Satanist, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe there is a secret handshake or something?  Is it like Fight Club, where the first rule is, you don't talk about being a Satanist?

I see various symbols from various religion in that picture,

downward cross as seen at Catholics Pope's seat,

an arabic looking inscription that closely resemble how "Allah" was writen in arabic,

pentagram, etc..

but, was the homicide done because of religiously motivated/driven?

an arabic looking inscription that closely resemble how "Allah" was writen in arabic,

pentagram, etc..

There's also a couple of swastikas in the minute or so of video I've seen.

If you claim to be Catholic, people take you at your word.

If you claim to be Muslim, people take you at your word.

If you claim to be a Satanist, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe there is a secret handshake or something?  Is it like Fight Club, where the first rule is, you don't talk about being a Satanist?

I think the point is that Satanism has defined principals and ideas that, if contradicted, would suggest you're not really a Satanist. Someone who called themselves a Christians, but didn't believe in the resurrection, could hardly call themselves a Christian. A Muslim who believe in more than 1 god wouldn't be considered a Muslim.

I'm not an expert on Satanism, and frankly the whole idea of calling yourself one seems kind of stupid, but I am pretty sure that the Church of Satan has specific prohibitions against killing people unless it is in the case of self-defense or defense of others. It doesn't promote homicidal rampages.

This, and also, why don't the news write "christian killers arrested" every time they arrest a christian killer ? because they're to common ?

lol. Probably because "Satanist killers" (Which I first read as "someone going around killing satanists" - Shouldn't the title have been "North Carolina's Satanic killers arrested" or something?) is a wonderfully sensational headline that is ripe for clickbait.

I dont get it.  If they claim they worship satan, doesnt that make them satanists ?

They think they are satanists based upon hearing the word in relation to devil worship.

It is most certainly not.

pentagram, etc..

The Arabic is Iblis meaning Devil - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_(Islam)

I'm sure all the other text also means devil in some way

I'm sure all the other text also means devil in some way

Nope, they don't.  The inverted cross, for example, is not a satanic symbol - it is St Peter's cross commonly believed to be (but wrongfully) the devils.

I wonder what even constitutes a shallow grave?... what is the max depth before it's no longer shallow

Anything less than 6ft is considered to be a shallow grave

Nope, they don't.  The inverted cross, for example, is not a satanic symbol - it is St Peter's cross commonly believed to be (but wrongfully) the devils.

Still creepy as hell (no pun intended) like a scene from Silence of the Lambs

Still creepy as hell (no pun intended) like a scene from Silence of the Lambs

Most "Satanists" these days aren't really and it's used as a blanket term for groups that follow practices from those espoused by Anton Szandor LaVey (Church of Satan, man as the carnal Beast), atheist groups who use Satanist symbolism to mock believers to neo-pagas like Wiccans.

A lot of people mix and match, even blending Christianity with some of the naturist religions as in Santeria or the various types of Voodoo. The below explains the Santeria v. "Voodoo" distinctions,

http://santeriachurch.org/what-is-the-difference-between-voodoo-hoodoo-and-santeria/

They think they are satanists based upon hearing the word in relation to devil worship.

It is most certainly not.

Who decides what makes a person denomination? Curious if you are meaning you define who is a TRUE Christian, a true Muslim, a true Satanist, or even a TRUE Scotsman? If it is not you who decides, can you direct me to someone, some website, some organization who claims they decide for all? Were they voted on? Appointed? What is there qualifications? Do they have a degree in who-decides-what and who-decides-you-aren't?

One of the traits of any religion is no two people who worship something think exactly the same of their god. This is why there are 4000+ denominations of Christians, 73+ sects of Islam, countless minor local religions based on geographical area, and over 2600 separate gods since the dawn of man.

Most "Satanists" these days aren't really and it's used as a blanket term for groups that follow practices from those espoused by Anton Szandor LaVey

I argue most of them aren't even aware of him, and don't follow any of his ideas.

Who decides what makes a person denomination? Curious if you are meaning you define who is a TRUE Christian, a true Muslim, a true Satanist, or even a TRUE Scotsman? If it is not you who decides, can you direct me to someone, some website, some organization who claims they decide for all? Were they voted on? Appointed? What is there qualifications? Do they have a degree in who-decides-what and who-decides-you-aren't?

I could claim to be a chocolate bar, it doesn't make it so.

I argue most of them aren't even aware of him, and don't follow any of his ideas.

I could claim to be a chocolate bar, it doesn't make it so.

Physical properties verses train of thought... you think they are of the same? I think you are a christian if i recall from previous threads. Are you a true Christian? I am going to guess your answer is yes. Do you know people who claim they are Christian but,in your opinion, you don't think they are? How do you come to that determination? based on what you believe is right? Couldn't the same be said of them? From their stance, you are also not a true Christian. So how does one determine who is correct? Are they correct? Are you correct? Does one go on popularity? Does one go on majority? 

I think you are a christian if i recall from previous threads.

I do not identify as such.  I was taught what some old men believed to be "Christianity" as if it were fact.  I do not claim to be Christian at all, but do accept that many of the accepted norms for my situation are based on what many label as "Christianity".  Don't make such assumptions about me.