LGBT should be an option in the Gender drop down

Where's that gender box and why do we have it?

Is it really pertinent to know the sex another neowinian?

If you want to be pedantic: ISO/IEC 5218:2004.

What if you have both?

You have the ability to make love to yourself.

Where's that gender box and why do we have it?

Is it really pertinent to know the sex another neowinian?

If you want to be pedantic: ISO/IEC 5218:2004.

Well, it is more polite to use "he" or "she" when referring to another poster instead of "it". But beyond that, it doesn't make any difference, at least to me.

but that's basically telling people what they feel they are doesn't matter

No it matters.  I am not uncaring or cold.  It matters a lot.  But it doesn't actually change their gender.

I definitely understand not wanting to be/associating with what other people think you are

Wholly agree.  But gender is not "what people think you are".  You are either male or female, it's a physical fact.  What people may think is moot.

Well, it is more polite to use "he" or "she" when referring to another poster instead of "it". But beyond that, it doesn't make any difference, at least to me.

I would err towards "they"

I don't identify with being male or female. I'm a Unicorn.

Please update the field ASAP or I'm calling the Internet Police.

Hey, I'm male, yet sit down to urinate.

Do you face forward or backwards though...?

I don't identify with being male or female. I'm a Unicorn.

Please update the field ASAP or I'm calling the Internet Police.

Do you face forward or backwards though...?

Forwards of course.

I hate this century.  Sorry, if you have a penis you are male, if you have a vagina you are female.  Only in the 2000s would these facts of nature even be up for debate.  Sure, you can mutilate yourself, take chemicals, act out as something else - and I'm not denying anyone that - but come on...

I was taking an Anthropology class for the cultural requirement. (NO, I am NOT Indian.)

Anyway, in India, there are these people call "Hijra" this is legally recognized as the third gender.

On the internet, gender & sexual orientation doesn't matter at all. It's not information that any of us needs to know. Obviously if you want to share it then great, but if not, no-one will care.

• Like 2

Well, it is more polite to use "he" or "she" when referring to another poster instead of "it".

Sure, if you're one of the two users that actually pops a new browser view to the other poster's profile just to check the gender (which returns true/false/NA). Tossing a coin gives better chance of finding someone's gender.

There's also the unwritten rule that there are no girls on the internet, and stuff.

Wholly agree.  But gender is not "what  people think you are".  You are either male or female, it's a physical fact. 

Quite the opposite. "Sex" is physical. Gender is not.

Still, LGBT has no place in the Gender options.

• Like 3

gawd, I am so sick of this gender stuff.. lets just change the darn thing to are you XX or XY... therefor it's not some perceived feeling about yourself, it's generic makeup

• Like 3

MikeChipshop, on 06 Nov 2014 - 07:58, said:

Still, LGBT has no place in the Gender options.

+1000

gawd, I am so sick of this gender stuff.. lets just change the darn thing to are you XX or XY... therefor it's not some perceived feeling about yourself, it's generic makeup

What about XXY?

[more]

Anyway, in India, there are these people call "Hijra" this is legally recognized as the third gender

There is no third gender.  There is male and female.

Ugh, 2000s thinking is such utter twaddle

Bisexual doe snot mean your not female lol

I agree with Xenodrome or whoever it was

just add an Other Option (if anything at all)

I hate this century.  Sorry, if you have a penis you are male, if you have a vagina you are female.  Only in the 2000s would these facts of nature even be up for debate.  Sure, you can mutilate yourself, take chemicals, act out as something else - and I'm not denying anyone that - but come on...

How intolerant. What difference does it make to you which gender people associate with? People are free to live their lives as they please. What you don't seem to appreciate is that gender is predominantly a social construct, one that evolves as society does. Gender is defined as "the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)" - just because women typically have long hair, wear make-up, like pink, wear provocative clothing and have feminine gestures doesn't mean that men can't or shouldn't. There are many people who associate with the opposite gender but will never take hormones or "mutilate" themselves (what a horribly ignorant way to phrase it).

As a tolerant and compassionate human being I have no problem with people associating with whichever gender they choose. If you don't then shame on you.

If you can't see someone like Jane Marie (below) for the beautiful person they are then I think that speaks poorly of you.

2w4y2qd.jpg

Well there could be hermaphrodite for the extremely few that are born with both gender parts.  Perhaps this is what the OP wants to be referred to as being that they are confused in the head as to what exactly the difference between gender and sexual preference is.  I personally like bowling balls, the polyurethane is very smooth and tight.

I prefer a genderless world as I think the constructs are damaging to all people irrespective of natural sex. The solution isn't creating new genders, but to invalidate them all.

Natural sex on the other hand is what it is and has to be accepted as such. Anything else is a false dichotomy and should be explained as such.

I'm going to close this now, because it's going somewhat off topic, and we already have a thread for discussing the issues people have raised here. To the OP, we will look into and consider what we can do regarding your request.

• Like 1