3 year old dies after 'unspeakable' torture by mother and her boyfriend

This news story just sickens me. These people can't have a soul.

Authorities say a Pennsylvania couple struck a 3-year-old boy with a frying pan, laughed as they hung him upside down and beat him, and eventually inflicted so many injuries that he died in what a prosecutor described as an "unspeakable act of depravity."

Jillian Tait, 31, and Gary Lee Fellenbaum, 23, were charged Thursday with murder in the death of Tait's son, Scott McMillan, and aggravated assault in the beating of his older brother.

Tait and Fellenbaum went car shopping, bought pizza and engaged in sexual activity as the boy lay dying Tuesday after weeks of escalating abuse that ended in three days of systematic torture, officials said.

Investigators found no evidence that drugs or alcohol were involved.

"This is just evilness," said Chester County District Attorney Thomas Hogan said. "It is an unspeakable act of depravity."

The couple met working at Wal-Mart and last month moved in together, along with Fellenbaum's estranged wife. They lived with three children ? Tait's 6- and 3-year-old sons and the Fellenbaums' 11-month-old daughter ? in a mobile home park near Coatesville, about 55 kilometres northwest of Philadelphia.

The three adults told authorities that Scott McMillan had been whipped with a metal rod, punched and hit with blunt and sharp objects, and taped to a chair and beaten, police said in affidavits. The boy's dead body was covered in bruises, lacerations and puncture wounds.

"During one incident," the affidavits say, "Gary hung Scott and (his older brother) up by their feet one at a time and beat the boys while they were hanging upside down. Jillian stated that she and Gary were laughing during the incident."

Hogan called the case "an American horror story." He said late Thursday he had not yet been notified of the couple having obtained lawyers.

Fellenbaum's 21-year-old estranged wife, Amber Fellenbaum, was charged with child endangerment for allegedly failing to help the boy. She ultimately called 911 Tuesday night, authorities said. By then, Scott had been unresponsive for hours and had been put in a shower for more than 30 minutes by his mother and her boyfriend, investigators said.

Link to full story:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/scott-mcmillan-3-dies-after-unspeakable-torture-by-mother-and-her-boyfriend-1.2828215

Picture of 3 Year Old Scott McMillian:

scott-mcmillan.png?w=600

And here are the suspects:

414408-9817ab10-65f3-11e4-8235-0001a6f26

I vote for payback punishment, but before doing so, take their prize material possessions and let them watch that stuff get destroyed before the payback

(on a side note, I'm a little ashamed of myself, that I didn't find this article as horrifying as I should have, any one else getting accustomed to this type of news)?

*sigh* Shock and horror is the only thing to describe stuff like this. What drives animals like this to cause harm to their own children is beyond my comprehension.

I hope neither one of them sees the light of day ever again for what they have done. Sickening.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't finish reading that article, it brings a tear to my eye to just think of that poor kid. 3 years old, completely defenseless being subject to such things is just sickening beyond belief.

I honestly think when it comes to things like this, you have waved goodbye to human rights and gone and you are subject to whatever comes.