Virus Scanner?

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Virus/Malware scanner running on Windows 10 TP?

• Yes, of course!
    • Nope, The Built in Windows Defender is enough for me!

My Win10 Windows Defender says its definitions are were created Wed. 12/31/1969 at 7:00pm! From 16382 days ago! My computer is a time machine now!!!!

It needs a update then, it shows that screen when its never updated.

I haven't used an antivirus for more than a decade, I kept one installed for manual scanning but now I just use VirusTotal for any unsigned executable I download. Zero infections so far.

Panda Cloud got integrated into Panda AV 2015.

Still available for me at pandacloud.com and running it on several machines. Annoyingly bugs you like AVG though.

Still available for me at pandacloud.com and running it on several machines. Annoyingly bugs you like AVG though.

I get a 403 error on that page.

http://www.pandasecurity.com/mediacenter/panda-security/panda-cloud-antivirus-free-now-panda-free-antivirus/

To coincide with the launch of the Panda Security 2015 consumer products, Panda Cloud Antivirus FREE Edition is from today the new Panda Free Antivirus, and as such joins the family of consumer products from Panda Security.

--

Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro Edition will be replaced by Panda Antivirus Pro 2015. Product users will be automatically upgraded to the new version, and will benefit from the new features in Panda Antivirus Pro 2015 while enjoying the same resource-friendly, maximum protection level as before.

I'm going with a slightly different answer to what I would normally suggest. If your Win10 machine is used purely for testing then I would consider leaving it with the built in AV (and use common sense). If you have Win10 setup are are using it as your main PC then I would run something like Eset Nod32 or Kaspersky.

Windows Defender + Common Sense and your good to go! :)

+1 

It always surprises me how many people on tech sites like Neowin feel they need to pay for antivirus.

I used to use Sophos simply because I could get it for free, It never found anything in 5+ years. After i could no longer get Sophos for free i just stuck with Security Essentials / Windows Defender.

Common sense is really all you need though.

Once the technical preview period ends and the official build is released, that's when I'll get Norton Internet Security added. For the time being, I'm not doing anything sensitive or production-level on my Windows 10 setup.