Repair Status script for PC Repair shops

Question

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE
and click "Download Zip"

I created this simple script that shows a customer the status of their repair in your shop, and wanted to give it to the community to share.

Has a simple interface for the customer and an administration interface.

One of the scripts on the web wants $200 for the same functionality, so I created this in a few days and suits my needs, and maybe yours!

Uses a MySQL database and PHP.

Screenshots:

post-11411-0-00544400-1415566920.jpg

post-11411-0-30031600-1415566928.jpg

My question is also where can I upload this or distribute as well?

Thanks

statsript.zip

This script was posted as an example for people to modify anyway they choose for their personal use.

I take issue with it being called "unprofessional". It was meant to suit MY needs, and shared so a ton of coding from the start for others wasn't needed.

I generate a random Invoice ID each time with my customers, so poking in numbers +1, +2, etc. won't work. And as stated as well, it doesn't share any PII. All it does is tell you at what state of repair your machine is at. Who is going to do anything with that info?

I can certainly see the want or need for additional security such as your zip code or whatever in addition to the Invoice ID - If you want to use the script and want additional security, add it in. But to call the script "unprofessional" and my business practices into question is wholeheartedly uncalled for when you know nothing about them. The script isn't even being used yet for my customers...I have tweaks to do myself, but the base is completed, and that is why it was shared.

There was only Adam saying it was unprofessional, everyone else gets the point of it, and appreciates it. Thanks for it :)

There was only Adam saying it was unprofessional, everyone else gets the point of it, and appreciates it. Thanks for it :)

Thought I read more than one - sorry. :)

At first I was laughing at Adam's comment - because there is no information that anyone could do anything with.

Then he mentioned "what other corners are being cut"

And knowing something about the pure stupidity of the general public, I can see how this would be an issue... one that is easily fixed.

I think the OP was nice in offering this up and with a little modding once could put some security on the front end.

If there is one certainty in the universe, it is that people are stupid, short-sighted, and if given a minute chance to complain - they will complain.

I vote for 2 factor authentication next, give everyone that comes to your shop a Entrust token so we can protect all of that generic information :) lol

Don't over complicate it, cause them people won't use it.

I vote for 2 factor authentication next, give everyone that comes to your shop a Entrust token so we can protect all of that generic information :) lol

Don't over complicate it, cause them people won't use it.

LOL sure we'll distribute random keycode RSA dongles, you'll need to confirm your handprint, etc. etc. :laugh:

But seriously, it's off by default and looks the same as v1 except when you enable a variable in the config file. I'm not adding anything else "Security" related.

I'm honestly out of ideas at this point to add, so if anyone has any, shoot 'em to me.

1.5 has been released.

Get it on Github at https://github.com/azchrisf/StatusScript/

You can check there from now on to see if the script is updated, or follow the project to be notified when updates happen.

Thank you again to you all for your support!

CHANGELOG:

1.5 (11/19/14)
---
+ Added tabs to the Administration interface
+ Added time picker for time fields
+ Added Date Created to Tickets (can be enabled to be changed)
+ Added ability to delete all Tickets from Admin
+ Added ability to delete Ticket range from Admin
+ Added ability to delete Ticket date range from Admin
+ Added ability to hide Comments section
+ Added "Include mode" for including pages with your own (turns off header & footer)
* Additional error checking on PIN code entry for Admin
* Additional error checking on other various areas
* Merged Bug Fixes from branch-1.1_qfe2
* Upgraded all MySQL statements to MySQLi for PHP 5.5+ compatibility
* Additional minor bug fixes and updates
o General UI improvements in Admin script
o Added additional buttons to Date picker

1.1 (11/14)
---
* Fixed spelling error
* Made Header and Footer easier to customize
* Additional minor error checking
+ Added option of PIN for Security (can be changed to ZIP Code, etc. - whatever you want)