windows 7 home prem

hi just wondering if anyone could help? my partners laptop has crashed and wont boot windows and it came without recovery disk.cry.gif how do I resolve this? any help would be much appreciated.

Well it should have built in recovery option - what is the make and model of the laptop?  Also every single laptop from every single maker I have ever seen gives the ability to create the recovery media.. Which it bugs you about constantly!!  First thing your suppose to do is create your recovery media.

If you did not do that, and the 1 key sort of restore is not working - then you can order recovery media from the maker most of the time for a few bucks.  Other option get your media from somewhere, work, buddy, internet (can be risky) and then install and license with your OEM sticker - prob have to call to get licensed, etc.

Or just install linux on it ;)

its a sony vaio  model PCG-71213N AND IT HAS THESE STICKERS I WILL TRY ATTACH A PIC

Call Sony.  That would probably be your best option.  They should either be able to provide you with restore disks, or allow you to download them.

Also, how far thru the boot processes does the laptop get to and you getting any errors/messages?

The second part of it shows the windows 8 recovery.

I'm not sure if the win 7 recovery is also available on the vaio.

He could also try using a dvd/usb with win7 to restore his system.

I'm just curious as to why the system crashed? Bad sectors?

In this case if a laptop came into my office with this issue, before I do anything I usually check the hard drive for bad sectors (with Hard drive re-generator / Spinrite), other wise I could potentially be going in circles trying to fix it. I would say 50% of the time it finds bad sectors. The other 20% are usually MBR Rootkits (which can be scanned for using tdsskiller in a BartPE environment)

That being said, You may want to search the web and get yourself a nice collection of Windows 7 32 / 64 / Windows 8 32 / 64 ISO images that match known SHA1 hashes for future references.

Then just make a bootable USB and reformat minus all the crapware. You might also want to get yourself a live Linux ISO and make your self a USB of those too so you can boot off it and back stuff up before the reformat.