Halo: The Master Chief Collection

I don't have Xbox One yet but looking forward to Halo 2A's launch tonight. I still remember the midnight launch of Halo 2 when I was studying in grad school. Fun times. :yes:

I got an email yesterday morning stating my copy had been dispatched, i'm hoping it might be waiting for me at home!

Halo 2 Multiplayer in 1080p @60fps  :wub:

100's of people still play Halo 2 Multiplayer on Xlink Kai, i recently played some games on my classic Xbox. The graphics were a lot worse than i remembered, however the gameplay was still just as fun!

My physical preorder arrived today... Not impressed with the 15GB Day 1 patch. I'm guessing those with the digital preorder will be also be able to predownload the patch?

So for now time to catch up on Halo 2 whilst the patch downloads in the background - good job multiplayer will be rather empty right now!

EDIT: Will have to download overnight - can't seem to connect to live without it wanting me to update the game.

My physical preorder arrived today... Not impressed with the 15GB Day 1 patch.

Neither am I, If the Xbox Live servers could actually max my internet connection out i could have it downloaded in 15 mins. However it usually takes me a good 30-45 mins to download a 2gb system update so I imagine i'm looking at 3-4 hours for the patch sadly.

My copy is on it's way. Time to finally dust off the X1 :p

Will be strictly playing 1, 2 and 3 MP :wub: aka the Golden age :p

You mean 2 :P

Im going to religious play Halo 2 until 5 beta

You mean 2 :p

Im going to religious play Halo 2 until 5 beta

2 mainly, but the chance to play Halo 1 over XBL finally (properly), is awesome.

And 3 had some fantastic maps and gunplay.

ditto... :D

The wait is killer now. Seeing as I was in the UK last week for work and my body still seems to be working off of their timezone, I feel like my copy should be unlocked right about now as it's midnight there :P

The wait is killer now. Seeing as I was in the UK last week for work and my body still seems to be working off of their timezone, I feel like my copy should be unlocked right about now as it's midnight there :P

90minutes to go... And I'm starting to feel the heavy eyes kick in... Might play some Child of Light to hold me over....

90minutes to go... And I'm starting to feel the heavy eyes kick in... Might play some Child of Light to hold me over....

Just look at Cortana and ask her questions.

My copy arrived today, it's installed and ready to go. Just can't play it for another week though :pinch: since I can't download the day one patch (about to hit my usage limit for the month - resets in a week). Damn having a usage limit sucks :P really annoying having it there and not being able to play. Oh well I've got them all on my X360 still, so can still get my Halo fix :happy: Can't even check out Nightfall either...the game released at the wrong time, it should've released a week later :laugh:

Broke and wasn't expecting to pick this up for a while, but my generous friend turned up to my house with a copy for me - currently installing and exciting to finally play Halo 1 & 2!

My copy arrived today, it's installed and ready to go. Just can't play it for another week though :pinch: since I can't download the day one patch (about to hit my usage limit for the month - resets in a week). Damn having a usage limit sucks :p really annoying having it there and not being able to play. Oh well I've got them all on my X360 still, so can still get my Halo fix :happy: Can't even check out Nightfall either...the game released at the wrong time, it should've released a week later :laugh:

Depending on your provider, you may be able to get a data top up. I know Telstra does this for free

I held off for some stupid reason on getting this until today. I tried going into a local Sainsburys but it was ?45 and Amazon have it for ?40 so I decided to use CDKeys + 5% discount to get ?50 credit for ?42.65 and have bought it that way. I really hope my console is still in low power mode and has already started downloading it. Even with the 150Mb down It's going to take a while for this beast.

I can't wait to play some of the old school Halo 1 maps, they were probably my favorite from all the Halo's I played online (didn't play 2).

Multiplayer takes a while to get into a game, and had a few moments of horror lag, unsure if that was at my end or what not, kinda like when back in the day on Halo 2 you could unplug the router as host and do that lag cheat. I was on Ivory Tower just lagging up the little elevator lift, my initial thoughts were "OH GOD the hacks back" but pretty sure it was lag.

Overall impressions, I freaking love it, only played first couple of missions on Halo:CE on Heroic (tried Legendary and found it harder than back in the day, maybe just need to get used to it again).

Tonight after work I'm going to go and try out the playlist section because that sounds really cool.

Oh and Nightfall series looks very impressive!

Plays well, as expected.

The post launch wait time to find a game was indefinite to 40ish minutes... 16 hrs later and it's slightly improved.

Unacceptable, Xbox team. I will buy a One for the Cheif, but your console has not impressed and you deserve to fail in the sales department.