Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Yeah, Bungie always considered the games the canonical lore, and the books secondary to that.

And yeah, I was actually referring to the way Reach handled things compared to the Fall of Reach, even if the game came along much later (But chronologically is set in the same time, etc.)

Reach is frustrating in terms of lore because the book had been out for a long time. And even then they said before the game released that the game and book matched up perfectly. On top of that they failed to address the differences in re-publishings of more recent versions of Fall of Reach. The community essentially explains the difference as Halo Reach being propaganda (which makes little sense why they'd reveal the existence of Spartan III's when really they weren't even supposed to be on Reach).

• 2 weeks later...

So I finished the Master Chief Collection.  And man, did I miss Halo and looking forward to Halo 5.  Hopefully they bring Cortana back since it isnt Halo without her.

Would kind of kill the whole point of Halo 4... They did it for a reason. To Humanize John.

Would kind of kill the whole point of Halo 4... They did it for a reason. To Humanize John.

And I still don't see why they tried to 'humanize' him when he was pretty human in the books :/

And I still don't see why they tried to 'humanize' him when he was pretty human in the books :/

Not everyone who plays the games reads the books, it's as simple as that.

I think they'll bring Cortana back one way or another, she was in systems connected to the composer after all.

I think we've had enough with Cortana though, give us another Sgt. Johnson.

Looks like the latest patched fixed most of the multiplayer issues. Parties work correctly and I am able to get games in under 60 seconds. The hit detection was also fixed.

• Like 2

I think they'll bring Cortana back one way or another, she was in systems connected to the composer after all.

I think we've had enough with Cortana though, give us another Sgt. Johnson.

If they did bring her back, after all the splitting she did, if it's just a fragment it would be interesting. We could get an early, incomplete character that we see from the start of her growth, maybe.

Or maybe with some funky tech she actually get's some synthetic body, the whole thing in 4 was being able to make you digital and then bring them back later, though it'd fail and they'd be crazy.

Yep, something like a Promethean body. I think her coming into contact with both the Librarian and the Composer will be significant. Forerunner AI have passed through rampancy before, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did something like that.

Yep, something like a Promethean body. I think her coming into contact with both the Librarian and the Composer will be significant. Forerunner AI have passed through rampancy before, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did something like that.

Or even in a monitor shell. Plenty of possibilities for her return and the Forerunners certainly have the tech to bring her back. Certainly will be interesting/fun to find out what happens next :happy:

A monitor shell would be interesting, the colouration would probably too similar to 343 GS though (And whatever did happen to the other monitors, the UNSC at least should have made contact with 049 Abject Testament, if it hadn't been destroyed somehow, or wandered off)

There was also the hard light holograms shown in the end of 4, take a monitor shell crossed with a Promethean knight and you could have a hard light representation of Cortana walking around :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

Word online is that MCC MP numbers are less than 14K total now :no:

MS / 343 really screwed the pooch on this. It's almost completely killed my interest in 5 :/