Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Ugh, managed to put myself into an infinite spawn/death loop by Silent Cartographer :laugh:

It's even more funny/sad because it takes all of a second to respawn to the checkpoint where you're already dying.

This game must be slamming (not John Callaham style) the servers. I have achievements at 100% that haven't popped yet.

Yeah I have the same problem.  2 achievements say done and unlocking, but never do

Depending on your provider, you may be able to get a data top up. I know Telstra does this for free

Yeah, I'm with Telstra but you gotta be over your limit first before you can use that. It's handy for sure but in my case, better to just wait the week than waste a top up.

Multiplayer takes a while to get into a game, and had a few moments of horror lag, unsure if that was at my end or what not, kinda like when back in the day on Halo 2 you could unplug the router as host and do that lag cheat. I was on Ivory Tower just lagging up the little elevator lift, my initial thoughts were "OH GOD the hacks back" but pretty sure it was lag.

Overall impressions, I freaking love it, only played first couple of missions on Halo:CE on Heroic (tried Legendary and found it harder than back in the day, maybe just need to get used to it again).

Tonight after work I'm going to go and try out the playlist section because that sounds really cool.

Oh and Nightfall series looks very impressive!

I've noticed all the games a tab bit harder than what they should be. 

First impressions are this is an awesome collection, the Xbox One needed something like this from day one.

I was worried about the 15gb download on Xbox Live, as download are usually very slow, however the game started installing then prompted me to download the update. I was able to play Halo CE after the game had been installing for 15 mins. In total it took around 1h 30mins for everything to install and the 15gb update to download.

Halo in 60fps is just so nice, it was like playing Gears of War for Windows after playing the Xbox 360 version for months, everything is just so smooth and sharp, which make?s the experience a lot more enjoyable in my opinion.

The Halo servers are pretty much dead at the moment though, matchmaking never worked at all for me. However many people I used to play Halo online with from years gone by we?re suddenly online playing again, so we just played custom games with 10+ people which worked perfectly.

To be honest I enjoy custom games than match making anyway. No messing about finding new players, everyone agrees on a map and game mode and we get right in to the game. No voting to avoid game modes / types you hate.

Dedicated servers looked to be used for co-op campaign, Halo 4 started out fine however later in the evening it was too laggy to play.

The graphics are really nice too, even on Halo 3 / 4 which haven?t been re-mastered. I do honestly think this collection looks a lot better than the majority of Xbox One games out today, even Halo 3 and 4 which have not been re mastered look really good. The level of detail and over all graphics look fantastic, with no signs of requiring any anti-aliasing at all.

Overall despite the server issues I?ve been very impressed.

Yeah, I'm with Telstra but you gotta be over your limit first before you can use that. It's handy for sure but in my case, better to just wait the week than waste a top up.

The top ups are 3 per calendar year, so they reset in 2 months, and you do not need to be over your limit to use them. I work for Telstra and deal with BigPond regularly

So after playing a bit more Halo CE today I've decided I prefer it on the original graphics option, unless its a dark area where I switch to the new version as its so much brighter.

Also, what on earth have they done to the drop ships tri-weapon beam. On original you could easily snipe through it while being shot at, but on this one it just blinds you/is blurry. Is that the AA or motion blur or something? For example, on T&R sniping the turrets (same as the dropships) before if they shoot at you, they were in a 3 point triangle so you could still shoot/see through it, on this version its like a block of blinding light =/ 

Other than that, had more success on matchmaking tonight, still had a bit of lag and a while to find a game, but was topping the charts with 20+ kills like I used to.

Thought people were just being impatient or exaggerating, but damn the MM really is that broken :|

There goes my plans for today :/ And Destiny goes offline at 4pm for maintenance (N)

Sounds like a good thing I decided way early on to play through SP before hitting MP hard :p

Sucks though. Wonder if it's just server load (which you think they would've predicted) or if it's something else they didn't catch.

See, all games can screw up with online. Funny how it's not quite made the press like a certain Sony exclusive game though, right ;-)

This being said, I hope it's fixed soon so we can all get back to blowing ###### up as the mighty green MC.

XBL had some downtime over night which they attributed to the issues, but it has been up and running fine for hours. Yet Halo MM is still completely buggered...

I haven't managed to complete 1 round of MM never mind join / start a game :no:

MS / 343 are lucky Ubisoft messed up Unity which is taking the barrage of negative news. At this rate it's worse than the infamous BFBC2/3/4 server launch issues.

See, all games can screw up with online. Funny how it's not quite made the press like a certain Sony exclusive game though, right ;-)

This being said, I hope it's fixed soon so we can all get back to blowing ###### up as the mighty green MC.

I am sure you have already figured it out, but just in case you have not. Note how the name Neowin has Win in the title, which in this case is short for Windows. Also the history of this forum is a Windows based community first and foremost. Therefore you partially have your answer as to why your first sentence is this case.

With that said, there are some of us who do not join this forum as Windows enthusiasts and just computers and electronics overall enthusiasts, so we fight the good fight when we can.

I am sure you have already figured it out, but just in case you have not. Note how the name Neowin has Win in the title, which in this case is short for Windows. Also the history of this forum is a Windows based community first and foremost. Therefore you partially have your answer as to why your first sentence is this case.

With that said, there are some of us who do not join this forum as Windows enthusiasts and just computers and electronics overall enthusiasts, so we fight the good fight when we can.

He's got a point though that even outside Neowin (he just said 'the press'), it doesn't seem to be a big deal, which actually does seem odd. Perhaps it's because there's a heck of a lot more to it than MP, but it does seem strange.

I wouldn't have even known there were problems unless I had been in here. I've got it but just not had a chance to play it yet.

When we talk MP are we talking competitive team death match style or is co-op campaign affected also?

I wouldn't have even known there were problems unless I had been in here. I've got it but just not had a chance to play it yet.

When we talk MP are we talking competitive team death match style or is co-op campaign affected also?

It's really tame in here compared to Gaf, Reddit and Twitter, but then DL pointed out why.

Haven't tried co-op but I believe private matches work, so I'd imagine co-op is uneffected too. I only own the collection for MP, hence my annoyance :P

It's really tame in here compared to Gaf, Reddit and Twitter, but then DL pointed out why.

Haven't tried co-op but I believe private matches work, so I'd imagine co-op is uneffected too. I only own the collection for MP, hence my annoyance :p

Since seeing this I have now seen a couple of things on GameSpot about the issues.

I haven't had a chance to play anyway but I got it for co-op campaign mainly but I will be looking forward to some MP at some point.

He was referring to all gaming media, not one fan site as you put it.

Also, fight the good fight? You guys crack me up. It always a war :laugh:

Seems like gaming news sites are starting to report on it though, so no need to worry.

Wow, you posted a Polygon story, I guess that means you do follow them sometimes.

Regardless, I think its a good idea for review sites to do this. If there are major issues with a game, revise the score until it is fixed.