Valkyria Chronicles Jumps To The Top Of Steam Charts On Its First Day

Sega bet on fan adoration for its now-dormant action-strategy series Valkyria Chronicles and won. Yesterday marked the PC release of the 2008 PlayStation 3 title, with fans flocking to Steam.

The title climbed the charts to sit on top against heavyweights Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Football Manager 2015, and Assassin's Creed Unity (which also launched yesterday). Today, Valkyria Chronicles continues its triumph, though not quite as high on the charts.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Football Manager 2015 have crawled past it (for now). For more on the Valkyria Chronicles you can read our review of the original PlayStation 3 release.

Our Take
This is great news for people like me who have always wanted to play this series and haven't had the chance. Let's hope this sends the signal that we want the other two titles on more accessible systems (and maybe even a rebirth for the franchise). 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/11/12/valkyria-chronicles-jumps-to-the-top-of-steam-charts-on-its-first-day.aspx

This is great news for PC gaming. There's millions of gamers that are hungry for innovative high quality titles (non FPS) on PC. Next up, Abe's Odyssey New & Tasty if they can get it out the door.

I always wanted to play this on PS3.

Speaking of old games, it would be nice if Capcom put a Viewtiful Joe collection on PC. I was just thinking about this game today

• 4 weeks later...