Black/Flickering Screen - Windows 10 + TeamViewer

So I installed the latest update to Windows 10 during the day today.. Then this evening I went to remote into it via Teamviewer (the comp it is on is at my mothers place).. only to be meet with a blackscreen. Went up there, all was well, so tried to connect from my phone.

Phone shows a black screen, Laptop with 10 on it started flickering as soon as it connected.

Re-installed Teamviewer.. same deal.

Uninstalled Teamviewer fully, then re-installed. Same song.

Any ideas ? I don't have access to the comp again till tomorrow (too late to be going there now, and it's doing a download there overnight).. but I have no ideas atm.

I really want to get this working, as most of the time I leave it at my mothers place, so being able to remote in to do stuff, and to download updates is really important to me :/

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to resolve it?

Yep got the same problem. No idea how to fix it yet. Updating to TeamViewer 10 hasn't helped.

Looks like it could be a TeamViewer incompatibility with latest OS. Maybe trying different video card drivers will help maybe not ...

Another one with the same problem.  Probably have to wait for a Teamviewer update.  TV10 was released before this new build.

You have installed latest Teamviewer 10 Beta, which released yesterday?

Version: TeamViewer 10.0.35436 Beta

Try these:

wvWiw1X.png

EBe6UQO.png

Something similar in old Neowin thread: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1197641-applications-open-as-black-windows-with-teamviewer/

Same effect.

I contacted TeamViewer, they got some logs and are going to look into it. 

In the meantime, I'm just using Chrome Remote Desktop, seems to get the job done fine in a pinch. And the File Transfer does still work TeamViewer, even if I can't remote in \o/

The Windows 10 Tech Preview is not supported by TeamViewer. We will release a compatible version of TeamViewer for the final Windows 10.

As workaround, you can create the registry Key "DisableDuplicationAPI" as Dword and value 1 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->WOW6432NODE->TEAMVIEWER on the Windows 10 computer. After a restart of the service TeamViewer (under Services.msc), you should be able to reconnect without any issue.

Note: I was using TeamViewer 9, in my case (and after a little Trial and Error), I needed to make it a 32-bit DWORD, and it needed to go in TEAMVIWER -> Version9.

That said, it works \o\

But I think I'll keep Chrome Remote Desktop installed, just incase of future updates :)

• Like 2

That seems kind of shortsighted to not share any beta versions that will work in Win10 for those that are testing Win10 and want to use Team Viewer.  Could cause people to go find a better solution they may stick with.  Incidentally, that's exactly what brought me to Team Viewer from LogMeIn.

That seems kind of shortsighted to not share any beta versions that will work in Win10 for those that are testing Win10 and want to use Team Viewer.  Could cause people to go find a better solution they may stick with.  Incidentally, that's exactly what brought me to Team Viewer from LogMeIn.

To be fair, no company, NONE, will ever claim to support a Beta OS, even if they are releasing build that work in them.

Second, Windows 10 isn't even Beta, it's Technical Preview.. Which is to say, Alpha, and all it says clearly is that when Windows 10 is final, there will be a build released. It doesn't say they won't make best effort for compatibility in the meantime, or at least when it hits Beta (Consumer Preview).

Third, they did find a solution for the issue I mailed them about, which is awesome. Most companies probably wouldn't even of responded except to say that they won't support Windows 10 till RTM. I have no complaints, they were quick to ask for the relevant files/logs/system information, and had a solution in 4 days. I rarely get solutions that fast for stuff I PAY for, much less for their free versions.

In short, they are doing awesome in my books :)

To be fair, no company, NONE, will ever claim to support a Beta OS, even if they are releasing build that work in them.

Second, Windows 10 isn't even Beta, it's Technical Preview.. Which is to say, Alpha, and all it says clearly is that when Windows 10 is final, there will be a build released. It doesn't say they won't make best effort for compatibility in the meantime, or at least when it hits Beta (Consumer Preview).

Third, they did find a solution for the issue I mailed them about, which is awesome. Most companies probably wouldn't even of responded except to say that they won't support Windows 10 till RTM. I have no complaints, they were quick to ask for the relevant files/logs/system information, and had a solution in 4 days. I rarely get solutions that fast for stuff I PAY for, much less for their free versions.

In short, they are doing awesome in my books :)

OK, fine.  The fix worked.  Maybe I overreacted a little bit...  :rolleyes:   

• 1 month later...

Up to now I've been using teamviewer Beta 10 with the windows preview no problem. So "not supported" is not necessarily the same as "does not work".

Today I find black screen on the viewer PC and the flickering screen on the laptop with windows 10 preview. I presume either the preview updated itself or had an update which has broken something.

I'll try the registry fix suggested above.

s workaround, you can create the registry Key "DisableDuplicationAPI" as Dword and value 1 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->WOW6432NODE->TEAMVIEWER on the Windows 10 computer. After a restart of the service TeamViewer (under Services.msc), you should be able to reconnect without any issue.

Confirmed working. 

thx amigo 

• 2 weeks later...

Ryoken, thank you. For those that are working remotely (TV10) like I was you can get around UAC by first unselecting Lock > Lock on Session End then when the UAC comes up and turns everything black close TV then reopen. You will find that you can click on 'Yes' or 'Allow' this program blah, blah blah. Also, my issue was I could not see anything but a black screen that displayed an error message about fast user switching. I just happened to have a second monitor connected and what I did to get around this was I chose View > Active Monitor > Show all monitors and I was able to see the screen in order to apply this workaround. Thanks again!

• 10 months later...