Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer gameplay footage

That to me was like COD feel as far as how fast pace it was.  Which i happen to like.  One of the problems I had with halo MP has always been its to slow paced for me and take a whole clip or 2 half the time to take someone down.

That to me was like COD feel as far as how fast pace it was.  Which i happen to like.  One of the problems I had with halo MP has always been its to slow paced for me and take a whole clip or 2 half the time to take someone down.

While Halo was slow, it never took more than half a clip of anything to get a kill. If you're talking about the Assault Rifle, feathering the trigger would gain you a kill with far less rounds and even then the Assault Rifle would generally score a kill in just barely under a clip.

Anyways, the new Halo games are diverging greatly from the original formula and I'm not sure I like it much. The story has already been ruined while the mechanics don't seem to be getting much better treatment. Halo of old is dead I guess.

343 are slowly killing my favourite series :cry:

I miss Bungie

I don't miss Bungie, Bungie added to many things that I hated Reach for (load outs\Jet packs and armor abilities\assassination\Crappy match making playlist). Halo 4 was a bit better, but mp wasn't as good as h2 or h3. 

343 are slowly killing my favourite series :cry:

I miss Bungie

It's because they are trying too hard to appeal to the COD fans, so they are trying to make Halo like COD to lure them in (well that is what it seems to be to me anyway). I miss the little touches Bungie did, like the grunt chatter, sure many thought it was lame but I thought it added character and loved it (I was disappointed when Bungie made them "serious" in Reach and 343 followed suit in Halo 4...).

• Like 1

Wonder if they'll embrace the PC this time around. Won't hold my breath though.

Either way, still reminds me of Halo (last I played was Halo Reach which I enjoyed as well). If it comes to the PC I'll definitely get it. :)

It's because they are trying too hard to appeal to the COD fans, so they are trying to make Halo like COD to lure them in (well that is what it seems to be to me anyway).

I really do not know what on earth gives you that impression. It seems like a silly knee-jerk reaction.

It still looks very much like a Halo game to me.

Looks fantastic. I'm glad there's at least one developer out there willing to advance a game's formula forward instead of letting it become stale.

• Like 2

I really do not know what on earth gives you that impression. It seems like a silly knee-jerk reaction.

It still looks very much like a Halo game to me.

They changed the core controls to be that of COD. They added weapon drops from killstreaks, just like COD. Sprinting like CoD, etc. They removed weapon placement on maps for the larger part, destroying any semblance of it being the classic arcade-style shooter it was. They have done a LOT to make it more like CoD, and Halo 4/343 weren't the first to do it. Bungie started doing that with Halo Reach.

Looks fantastic. I'm glad there's at least one developer out there willing to advance a game's formula forward instead of letting it become stale.

The thing is, to me, the game's formula never got stale. It was just that solid and fun. What added the most to Halo games was new maps, and new weapons that fit the Halo style. Things like the Brute Shot and Carbine. Plasma Cannon, Spartan Laser, etc. Not even good weapons but unique and interesting ones. One of the best things about the Halo game is that deep at its core the game is very, very well grounded and to start deconstructing what makes Halo... well Halo is a bad move imo. I'm not saying 343 cannot make a good game from doing that, they very well look to be doing so. But it will not play or feel like Halo when they do.

Adding in sprinting, these weird abilities to jump side to side and ground pound the ground just don't have a place in a Halo game. It's supposed to be a simple Arcade FPS and 343 has turned it into something far more complex than that.

I miss shooters where the primary thing you did in it was shoot things. Sure, that may be an exaggeration but it seems shooters have forgotten what they are and are too focused on shaking up the pot with non-shooter elements rather than coming up with solid core shooter mechanics.

They changed the core controls to be that of COD. They added weapon drops from killstreaks, just like COD. Sprinting like CoD, etc. They removed weapon placement on maps for the larger part, destroying any semblance of it being the classic arcade-style shooter it was. They have done a LOT to make it more like CoD, and Halo 4/343 weren't the first to do it. Bungie started doing that with Halo Reach.

In Halo5 weapons drops are gone and so are load outs. All maps will have same spot weapon respawn on a timer just like h2/h3.

The core controls & sprinting are basic aspects of modern fps games, it doesn't mean they appealing to COD fans. I wouldn't expect "classic halo" from Halo 5. It's a new game & it should be it's own game. The Master Cheif Collection is there for all the classical Halo stuff.

The thing is, to me, the game's formula never got stale. It was just that solid and fun. What added the most to Halo games was new maps, and new weapons that fit the Halo style. Things like the Brute Shot and Carbine. Plasma Cannon, Spartan Laser, etc. Not even good weapons but unique and interesting ones. One of the best things about the Halo game is that deep at its core the game is very, very well grounded and to start deconstructing what makes Halo... well Halo is a bad move imo. I'm not saying 343 cannot make a good game from doing that, they very well look to be doing so. But it will not play or feel like Halo when they do.

Adding in sprinting, these weird abilities to jump side to side and ground pound the ground just don't have a place in a Halo game. It's supposed to be a simple Arcade FPS and 343 has turned it into something far more complex than that.

I miss shooters where the primary thing you did in it was shoot things. Sure, that may be an exaggeration but it seems shooters have forgotten what they are and are too focused on shaking up the pot with non-shooter elements rather than coming up with solid core shooter mechanics.

The game's formula got very stale. Going back and playing the multiplayer of the original two games is a massive step back in time. It's still OK, but there have been advances made in first-person shooters that really show the Halo franchise's age.

Who said the Halo franchise was for arcade shooters? Not Bungie. Not 343. Both made chances to the formula, including adding the sprint that you feel breaks the game. Bungie also added sprint and similar features to its most recent game. Every chance Bungie got, it attempted to advance the formula of the Halo franchise, both in the campaigns and multiplayer. Did all of the changes work? No. Abilities such as armor lock were absurd. But every game has flaws.

Everything I've seen from the "Halo 5: Guardians" beta shows a Halo game, albeit with changes to the movement system, which was one of the biggest things holding the franchise back. It's not like they're making a game so different from the other entries in the franchise. If you want an arcade shooter, that's fine, but it's clear that was never the intention of the franchise's developers; it feeling like an arcade shooter in its first entries is a result of the time it was made, just like other shooters around their release dates.

From what I saw in the video you can play fast if you want to or not. It's a new mechanic it seems, if you notice at one point he stops moving as fast.

I'm sure to make everyone happy 343i can just add a game mode that uses the classic s slower style for those who want it.