What's the dealio with my Photos' folder size!

I have an iPad Mini with Retina, and have the latest iOS version installed.

I needed to backup my pictures, and therefore installed OneDrive. However, there is some confusion that I need to clear up before I empty my Camera Roll.

Usage statistics in the settings say that Photos and Videos take up more than 3.5 Gb of my space.

But when I backed up all my pics through OneDrive, it has only taken around 400 Mb. I don't have any other folders or anything made on my iPad, so not sure what else is it counting.

I have only 460 pics and 7 videos. Does SkyDrive reduces the size or something or is there some other issue that I need to resolve?

On Windows Phone and Android OneDrive uploads the full image size and the option to upload videos as well (on Andorid, it's not select by default).

I don't know about iOS, though.

i had the same problem, backed up the photo's from my wife's phone to onedrive, looked at them on the computer, they were made to about 1/4 size.   had to change the option in the settings to upload full resolution pics.

(this was android, but don't see why it wouldn't be the same on ios)

Can't find any such option for iOS. :/

Backup your photos/videos via USB cable (from your iPad to your PC/laptop) (then you can upload them from your PC to OneDrive if you want).

I always backup via USB cable.

Backup your photos/videos via USB cable (from your iPad to your PC/laptop) (then you can upload them from your PC to OneDrive if you want).

I always backup via USB cable.

Ah, might have to do that. But really do need some free automated service which will backup itself, rather than me doing it every now and then.

Any ideas for that?

• 2 weeks later...

Would Flickr be best for photographers to use? Just picked up the Sony A6000 for the wife.

Sure...

There are many websites for photographers, such as Flickr, 500px, pbase, more to list.

Look around and see what it fits your needs. Such as storage, upload features, something like that.

Would Flickr be best for photographers to use? Just picked up the Sony A6000 for the wife.

Flickr is without a doubt the best tool. Hands down. You get 1000 GB of free space, far far more than Google's 25 GB, Microsoft's 30 GB and Dropbox's 2 GB.