Sorry guys, I'm usually team Sony but recently Best Buy had a deal I couldn't pass up. If you trade in your PS3 slim you get $150 towards an XB1 500GB with Assassins Creed Unity and Black Flag. So I spent $200 and got a next gen console and two games. No matter what team you're on, that's an amazing deal.

I'll still end up buying a PS4 maybe next month or so but while I'm here now and keeping this system, what are some good games? And also, I need some exclusives that make it worth while. So far I'm LOVING the system and the controller feels amazing.

As far as my personal experience:

D4 is amazing if you enjoy strangeness.  I haven't had this much fun in a while, and I'm not even done yet.

Sunset Overdrive is pretty good.  I don't love it but it's definitely entertaining.

Forza Horizon 2 is fun to play around in, though it feels a little aimless for me.

As far as non exclusives:

Shadow of Mordor was fantastic. (I played on PC since I didn't have the X1 yet.)

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a lot of fun, I've only put a few hours into the EA Access trial but it's pretty sweet so far.

Kickbeat was entertaining as hell. (PC again)

Forza Horizon 2 is a lot of fun

Destiny is ok, great controls but it gets repetitive (also on PS4)

Halo collection is pretty much a required buy this holiday season (I would give them a few more days to balance out the servers though)

Sunset Overdrive has pretty good reviews but I haven't played it yet

That should keep you busy but without knowing what kind of games you really like, that's all I can say right now.

I read that Assaisn's Creed Unity isn't doing very well, sadly.

From what I gather, it's mostly due to performance issues and many seem to be tired of that style of gameplay. I read the consoles are dipping below 30fps....ouch. I got it on PC but haven't played it yet, I'll wait for the bugs to get ironed out. I like exploring detailed maps and sneaking around so I'm pretty sure I'll get my enjoyment out of it.

• Like 1

From what I gather, it's mostly due to performance issues and many seem to be tired of that style of gameplay. I read the consoles are dipping below 30fps....ouch. I got it on PC but haven't played it yet, I'll wait for the bugs to get ironed out. I like exploring detailed maps and sneaking around so I'm pretty sure I'll get my enjoyment out of it.

Ubisoft made a game no one can actually play yet.  Should've been delayed for sure.

The game (in its current state) is issuing approximately 50,000 draw calls on the DirectX 11 API. Problem is, DX11 is only equipped to handle ~10,000 peak draw calls. What happens after that is a severe bottleneck with most draw calls culled or incorrectly rendered, resulting in texture/NPCs popping all over the place. On the other hand, consoles have to-the-metal access and almost non-existent API Overhead but significantly underpowered hardware which is not able to cope with the stress of the multitude of polygons. Simply put, its a very very bad port for the PC Platform and an unoptimized (some would even go as far as saying, unfinished) title on the consoles.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/ubisoft-points-finger-amd-technical-bugs-assassins-creed-unity/#ixzz3J8acbXS5

• Like 2

If you trade in your PS3 slim you get $150 towards an XB1 500GB with Assassins Creed Unity and Black Flag. So I spent $200 and got a next gen console and two games.

Won't you miss your PS3? What are you planning to do with its games, or perhaps you didn't buy physical media?

Ubisoft made a game no one can actually play yet.  Should've been delayed for sure.

Maybe if they used OpenGL or Mantle instead of DX11 since they could do low level code. DX12 will allow devs to do that as well but not sure when it even comes out. However I'm sure Ubi will release a few patches. It's their new engine and it appears that any new engine does seem to have quite a few issues. UE3, Crytek 1& 2, Dunia...etc all have seen their initial growing pains, some worse than others of course.

Won't you miss your PS3? What are you planning to do with its games, or perhaps you didn't buy physical media?

If he had the super slim PS3 then I'm sure he thought "good riddance". That thing is a flimsy cheap POS.

Maybe if they used OpenGL or Mantle instead of DX11 since they could do low level code. DX12 will allow devs to do that as well but not sure when it even comes out. However I'm sure Ubi will release a few patches. It's their new engine and it appears that any new engine does seem to have quite a few issues. UE3, Crytek 1& 2, Dunia...etc all have seen their initial growing pains, some worse than others of course.

OpenGL has the same issues until OGL 5.

Though it looks like some of it has been addressed in 4.5, good luck finding a 4.x game in the first place.

I haven't played Unity yet but that would be a disappointment. I'm currently on Black Flag and hopefully they iron out the kinks of Unity once I get around to it. It was free so it doesn't hurt yet.

wow thats a fantastic deal.  200 bucks with 2 games?  heck yeah i would've done it too.

also.. i've been playing the crap out of Unity and I think its fantastic and I'm having a ton of fun.  

Have fun with your new system and games!

I couldn't resist either and did the same deal.  Kinda kicking myself for not getting the CoD edition.

Couple Q's

1) Is there a trick to getting a MS blutooth keyboard to work?  Is this even supported?

2) Per 1, any rumor on when we may be able to get our hands on Win10 for it?  I thought some of the Modern apps were gimped but they are way ahead of what on the XOne, particularly Xbox Music.

3) Are any 360/classic titles slated to be ported or available via the Store? Surprised there aren't more titles available after being out a year.  What is with the $30 'game card' editions of some games?

Thats a good deal.

I dont have the X1 but can recommend these multiplatform games:

Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, COD: Advanced Warfare, Warframe (Gets repetitive after awhile and haven't really played it since last update but was fun for a while and free), Shadow of Mordor, Diablo 3 and for exclusives Sunset Overdrive looks good.

I couldn't resist either and did the same deal.  Kinda kicking myself for not getting the CoD edition.

Couple Q's

1) Is there a trick to getting a MS blutooth keyboard to work?  Is this even supported?

2) Per 1, any rumor on when we may be able to get our hands on Win10 for it?  I thought some of the Modern apps were gimped but they are way ahead of what on the XOne, particularly Xbox Music.

3) Are any 360/classic titles slated to be ported or available via the Store? Surprised there aren't more titles available after being out a year.  What is with the $30 'game card' editions of some games?

1. Bluetooth is not currently supported. I have used a wired keyboard and a standard wireless model.

2. Win 10 is due sometime in the second half of next year, so the X1 should get it around then.

3. I'm sure we will see more games like GTA or Minecraft that get re-released for the X1, but I haven't seen announcements regarding others.

1. Bluetooth is not currently supported. I have used a wired keyboard and a standard wireless model.

2. Win 10 is due sometime in the second half of next year, so the X1 should get it around then.

3. I'm sure we will see more games like GTA or Minecraft that get re-released for the X1, but I haven't seen announcements regarding others.

I don't really think they'll ever call it win10.  It might get some enhancements based on the work they've done with win10, but it'll just be 'the OS on the Xbox One.'

I gotta say, I'm pretty ###### with it so far.  Might even return it, or just throw it in a box for another 12 months.  Its worse than my PS3 at anything that matters.  I should have just bought another cheap Win8 laptop.  Live and learn I guess.

I'm frankly tired of waiting for MS to fix stupid boneheaded ######.  Talk about fool me thrice.  Maybe Win10 will be intact enough when it launches to save this trainwreck.

What do you mean by standard wireless model?  I have the MS media keyboard with a USB transmitter.

I don't really think they'll ever call it win10.  It might get some enhancements based on the work they've done with win10, but it'll just be 'the OS on the Xbox One.'

Oh I know they won't call it Win 10 on the Xbox, but that is what will be running under the X1 UI.

I gotta say, I'm pretty ###### with it so far.  Might even return it, or just throw it in a box for another 12 months.  Its worse than my PS3 at anything that matters.  I should have just bought another cheap Win8 laptop.  Live and learn I guess.

I'm frankly tired of waiting for MS to fix stupid boneheaded ######.  Talk about fool me thrice.  Maybe Win10 will be intact enough when it launches to save this trainwreck.

What do you mean by standard wireless model?  I have the MS media keyboard with a USB transmitter.

I have gotten one wireless keyboard to work a MS model. However, it is not universal. There is no official list for wireless support, so my guess is that they don't have full driver support built in like say a regular pc running windows. That could improve with the Win 10 upgrade, but it may not be a priority.

As far as your issue goes, if you are really having that much trouble, force MS to keep replacing it until its fixed. They will want to get it resolved. If you live near a MS store, they will bend over backwards to resolve it. Still, if you get no satisfaction, then I'm with you on just returning it.