Is this website legit? Any experiences?

I think I might have found a really nice website but I just wanted the community's opinion on it. 

Their FAQ says they are legit and legal but anyone with fingers can type that. :D I like how they are so cheap and they provide an option to buy FLAC. 

Looking them up on google it looks like they rented their domain for 6 years. No whois data. ScamAdvisor rate them 86/100 but says they are Korean. Their FAQ say they are Ukrainian. 

Does anyone have experience with this company?

I like how they are so cheap and they provide an option to buy FLAC.

likely a shady site. i would stick to the "usual methods" before going there since i doubt that site is legit offering music THAT cheaply.

as the saying goes, "if something sounds to good to be true, it usually is".

• Like 1

If they're legit, great, but with the amount of scams running out there...

Personally, I would stick with the more trusted sites selling music, unless flac is critically important to you, in which case, register using a disposable email address, use a disposable password, buy the items in question if the cost is minimal, and call the bank and have your card changed.

If they are not a legit site, hopefully you've not lost too much, and any spam would go to an email address you don't care about.

If they're indeed genuine, you're on to a winner

They won't scam you, if you mean "get the .mp3" part. The actual legality of said .mp3 is in question, if you look at contacts, it's a Cyprus address. (Nicosia)
All the sites I saw that had a company located there were avoiding copyright. :)

Anyway they have this sister site as well.

http://ivave.com/

It looks the way it does because it's most likely a generic shop-site template.

Thank you everyone for your advise. I had a hunch it was but, you never know. 

likely a shady site. i would stick to the "usual methods" before going there since i doubt that site is legit offering music THAT cheaply.

as the saying goes, "if something sounds to good to be true, it usually is".

As it stands now, I buy the CD/vinyl off Amazon and rip it as FLAC but there's just occasions I want things _now_. :)

It's 2014 going on 2015 for christ sake: I picked up 3 3TB HDD's for a 100 dollars a pop the other day. 128GB phones are becoming the norm, with micro SD cards standard on most models. As flash gets cheaper, high capacity phones will get cheaper and larger. Why don't companies like Apple (iTunes) and Google (Gplay) sell music as lossless?

Register using a disposable email address, use a disposable password, buy the items in question if the cost is minimal, and call the bank and have your card changed.

The OP would be better using a disposable top-up bank card rather than his/her main bank account, that way they avoid the inconvenience of fussing with the bank and waiting for a new card. Once you've finished with a top-up card you can just cut it up or shred it, once you stop topping it up it's useless.

• Like 2

Funny, if you even have to ever ask that question you should already know the answer.

It's actually wise to get a second opinion, nothing wrong with it. No-one's perfect, <s>apart from you, of course</s>

Hee hee get a refund and get banned

14. Refunds

If you are dissatisfied with the quality of our services, you may request a refund, which will be considered by administration of Site. For this purpose you should direct the application to the email address : refund@MelodiShop.com with detailed explanation of the reason why refund should be made to you. Administration will give immediate attention to the refund, which should be :

• - not exceed more than 5% of the sum paid to the account;
  • - no more than 30 days has passed from the time of payment for the services;

After the refund your account will be blocked and in the future you will not be able to register on MelodiShop.com web site and use our services ever again .

NOTE: The Site will not issue a refund if you have made a deposit only to purchase 1 song/album, this is not allowed

Funny, if you even have to ever ask that question you should already know the answer.

I agree with Tidosho. Two heads are better than one. The more eyes on the service the more to point out its flaws. There's a million ma and pa music websites out there. Some better than others, this one is shady. I'm not gonna mess with it at all.  

It's actually wise to get a second opinion, nothing wrong with it. No-one's perfect, <s>apart from you, of course</s>

:)

Hee hee get a refund and get banned

Good eyes! I didn't even see that. They defiantly do not respect their user base. Deal is off. Thanks!

Well has all the signs of a classic scam.

1. Contract address seems not to exist

2. Contact address in Cyprus but domain registrar in United Arab Emirates and site hosted on a cloud hosting server in the USA well known for scam web usage.

3. Whois data anonymised which is how good scammers cover their tracks.

on the plus side was using Google Analytics and NewRelic but easy to get these accounts set up.