Windows 10 9879 hardware issues

So two days after installing the last Windows 10 build - 9879 on my PC and laptop they both gave out. Wanna know if this is somehow related to Win 10 or just a very unfortunate coincidence.

The laptop is a Samsung Series 5 ultrabook and it can't boot because it no longer sees the HDD, including in BIOS. I took out the HDD and tried it on a different machines and while I can access the files Windows finds errors when I try to run checkdisk. I took it back because it's still under warranty.

The PC no longer does anything at all - as in no POST, no UEFI, no nothing. I took it apart and tried different stuff, finally ended up discovering it's something related to the motherboard and the ram slots. Currently bought a super cheap motherboard to hold me over until I can get the old one fixed. 

Again I don't see how Windows could have done this but you have to admit it was a super weird coincidence with both devices failing at the same time, after the win 10 build update.

Have any of you encountered hardware issues like these with the last builds? Any suggestions? 

• 2 weeks later...