Did you know gaming - PlayStation 2

Still have mine though it's purpose these days is mainly just to transfer game saves from my PS1 to my PS3 via Magicgate.

I kind of wish I kept mine. Actually, looking back, I wish I kept all of my old consoles. I had a period where I was totally uninterested in gaming and got rid of them all. It's a shame, really. 

Still got mine, in storage somewhere.. Gran Turismo and GTA San Andreas... memories.................

And it's not surprising Sony failed to live up to expectations, nowadays it's commonplace, I wish consumers would be less forgiving, that way they'd have to improve their infrastructure, or risk losing loyal customers to rival products

My least favourite PS to date. I was so hyped for it after loving the PS1 and it failed to wow, at all.

Switched to Xbox and didn't look back :P

PS2's biggest problem IMO was the throwaway catalog. Sure it's huge, but only a small collection of it is worth playing.

I remember PS2 according to marketing was supposed to have lifelike faces with its "Emotion Chip" or whatever. Turns out it didn't and it took a year before that system had any decent games (I had one on launch day).

Then again, the N64 according to marketing was supposed to have Jurassic Park quality dinosaurs but all we got was Tupac Dinosaur Hunter.

PS1 was absolutely amazing, PS2 was okay, and then it just seemed to lose steam as Japanese game companies forgot how to make good games.

I remember PS2 according to marketing was supposed to have lifelike faces with its "Emotion Chip" or whatever. Turns out it didn't and it took a year before that system had any decent games (I had one on launch day).

Then again, the N64 according to marketing was supposed to have Jurassic Park quality dinosaurs but all we got was Tupac Dinosaur Hunter.

PS1 was absolutely amazing, PS2 was okay, and then it just seemed to lose steam as Japanese game companies forgot how to make good games.

Contrary to the myth, Sony never made those claims of "lifelike" or "Toy Story" gfx. That was journalists at the time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89876

Bill Gates on the other hand, did say it; as the above link also quotes.

Tupac Dinosaur Hunter :laugh:

Lots of good memories with the PS2.  Still play it from time-to-time.  Many online games still in fact work, though there's barely any players for most games.

Wow... Talk about nostalgia... I remember having to wait 2months to get one...

And I also remember having to turn it upside down so that disc could be read/played

Still have mine though it's purpose these days is mainly just to transfer game saves from my PS1 to my PS3 via Magicgate.

Sony makes a USB memory card reader for the PS3, I've got one, you should see if you can track one down.  You can transfer saves to/from PS1/PS2 memory cards.

Sony makes a USB memory card reader for the PS3, I've got one, you should see if you can track one down.  You can transfer saves to/from PS1/PS2 memory cards.

Yes thanks, I have one - but I have a Sony PocketStation that I actively use and the adapters only work with PS2 MagicGate memory cards. :)

Sorry, but I was referring to Sony's own tech demos, not media coverage.

I remember those tech demos, and it did look like Toy Story at the time. I have a bunch of magazines before the launch with pre-shots etc. Have every original PSX offical magazine if I remember correctly.

Jumped to xbox after PS1. Mum couldn't afford a PS2 when they launched we'll over $1,000+ and by the time I got to update the xbox was out.

• 2 weeks later...

I had so many problems with the disc reader with the PS2.

Mine's still going strong (2001 PAL model).

post-129876-0-40816600-1417555293.jpg

Still got my PS2 as well as my Saturn. My biggest problem is not having a monitor/TV that displays at the correct resolution. I really don't want to yard sale me a tube TV and scalers are stupid expensive for what they do. I keep hoping emulators for both will improve. PCSX2 is fairly nice. Forget Saturn emulation ATM.