Looking for a good mp3 Player

I'm looking for a good mp3 player, with about 16GB Storage, something of a display to it, good build quality, decent battery life and of course good quality audio. I don't want an iPod, not saying they're not good but i want to try something different! (had in the past).

Budget ?80 - ?120.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

i recommend looking at sandisk sansa line.     they have great sound for the price, you can mod them to different software, they cost less...

sounds perfect for you to try.  i have sansa clip +    and i love it.    putting http://www.rockbox.org/ on it makes it super customizable!

• Like 2

I have the SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ 8 GB and it works great for me. Plus upgradeable up to  + 16GB more with micro-sd.

• Like 2

Just find a cheap prepaid Android or Windows Phone. Most all of them have relatively decent screens and MicroSD expansion support of at least 32 GB. The Lumia 520/521/530 line can be found for about $50 here in the USA and can support 64 GB Micro SD cards.

• Like 2

Cheap Android + PowerAmp. PowerAmp is by far the best music player, using it with a good pair of headphones will make your music sound phenomenal. iPods are good if you want a nice build quality and non-laggy simple interface, but the sound is alright.

MP3 players? What is this? 2001? Buy a larger microSD for your phone and the problem is solved.

Umm, maybe he needs it for workout, or something.  Sucks working out with a huge phone.  MP3 players are great for that.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

i just bought a new sansa clip+ on amazon for cheap.    yeah, i can play all the mp3 on smartphone, but i don't want to waste the battery.

• 1 month later...

I still prefer the sound quality of the older Microsoft Zune which had a custom spec Wolfson audio DAC.. I know they are not in production anymore, but for the same price as a used Zune, most cheaper audio/MP3 players today still don't have better sound quality IMO. There are still threads on Head-Fi about it you can research. The good thing is, there are still a lot of places that carry replacement parts for them and they're easy to fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a FiiO X1.

oooh kewl fellow audiophile on neowin

anyway, +1 for sansa, cheap and headfi worthy

i cannot tell how big FiiO X1 is?  is it big/heavy?    like ipod classic?  or much lighter and smaller?