Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions gets a new trailer; coming Nov. 26 to Xbox One and Xbox 360

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions gets a new trailer; coming Nov. 26 to Xbox One and Xbox 360

By John Callaham, Saturday, Nov 15, 2014 at 9:54 am EST

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions, the latest game in the long running arcade shooter series, got a new gameplay trailer this week ahead of the game's official launch on November 26 for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 platforms. The game will also be available on November 25 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 platforms.

The first Geometry Wars game was actually a mini-game created by Bizarre Creations inside their arcade racer Project Gotham Racing 2, which came out for the original Xbox console in 2003. It was later released as a stand alone game for the Xbox 360 and other platforms with new updates and a new name, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. A full sequel, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, was released for the Xbox 360 in 2008.

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions is being developed by Lucid Games, which is made up of a number of former Bizarre Creations team members. It's also the first game that will be released under the revived Sierra brand, which is being used by Activision to launch smaller "indie" style games. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions will be the first title in the series to use 3D levels for its gameplay, but based on the new trailer it will retain the somewhat retro-looking grid art style. Here's a summary of the game:

"In addition to a full single-player campaign with 50 unique challenges and over 10 battle modes ? five of which are completely brand new to the series ? Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions also features a revamped cooperative multiplayer mode, plus dynamic and persistent progression, offering players a consistently new experience each time they play."

Do you think the move to 3D for Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions is an improvement?

Source: Windows Central

• Like 1

Ok, I was a little worried about this after hearing some things about it, but this looks amazing. And release the f**king soundtrack this time.

That's a big departure from the first two games. Glad to see online capability although with such fine tolerances will be interesting to see how they've got over latency issues. 

No mention of Pacifism in the trailer. That was my favourite mode in Retro Evolved 2.

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

1. The first Geometry Wars was amazing.
  2. The second took it to another level of awesome
  3. The first looks totally mad!

I'm more than sold from that trailer. I have no idea why I love the series so much. By rights it should annoy me, yet I find it kind of relaxing but challenging at the same time.

I think my best score on the first game is around 1.1 million which I remember been pretty good at the time, it's probably nothing today though.

Am I the only one that thinks the lasers/bullets are too big? I was looking forward to this on PC until I saw the size of the projectiles. Just ruins it for me.

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

1. The first Geometry Wars was amazing.
  2. The second took it to another level of awesome
  3. The first looks totally mad!

I'm more than sold from that trailer. I have no idea why I love the series so much. By rights it should annoy me, yet I find it kind of relaxing but challenging at the same time.

I think my best score on the first game is around 1.1 million which I remember been pretty good at the time, it's probably nothing today though.

I was proud of my 2.1 million high score in the first game. I'm definitely picking up the PC version - this game is much better w/ keyboard/mouse (imo). 

• Like 1