Xbox One Disconnecting Controllers - Sign Petition

Hi All,

A story was previously posted on the news page with regards to the Xbox One Disconnecting controllers issue.

https://www.neowin.net/news/does-your-xbox-one-controller-randomly-disconnect

Loads of people said that they had the issue.

The main thread on the XBOX forums where the issue is discussed is below

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4677/t/1825293.aspx?pi7962

Someone has created a petition for this issue. If you have / are suffering from this issue please can you sign the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-troubleshooting-problems-connecting-xbox-one-console-with-controller?recruiter=182553126&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Thanks

Microsoft is aware of this issue.

In meantime, read this page here.

If it isn't working, contact MS and they probably send you the replacement controller or something like that.

If not improved (or not working) at all, then you probably have a defective console or controller.

If you have warranty, contact MS or the retailer for the replacement or repair.

I have never had an issue. I did purchase the stereo headset adapter as soon as it was available and did a firmware update in both my controllers via a USB cable to support it. Could that update be the difference?

The milti-million dollar controller that struggles to do one of its most important functions.

Has the exact cause been pinpointed?

The milti-million dollar controller that struggles to do one of its most important functions.

:laugh: wow man, laying it on thick I think.

Sometimes you get bad controllers or consoles, regardless of the money spent by MS or Sony to create them.

As far as this issue goes, I have yet to experience it myself, but I don't know how widespread it really is.

However, from looking on the Xbox support forums, MS seems to be happy to replace the hardware as a fix, so maybe it was a bad batch of controllers.

Also, I don't see the value of petitioning against a hardware issue. Now if MS was refusing to help then sure, but they seem to pursuing the issue.

The hardware is not the problem. I've had 3 controllers and 3 new consoles.

Some people are on their 5th console!

Everyone has tried the firmware update and all the stuff like that. That's why they are petitioning as replacement hardware does not resolve the issue.

Microsoft have now removed links to the petition on their forums and added a link to a survey. If

:laugh: wow man, laying it on thick I think.

Sometimes you get bad controllers or consoles, regardless of the money spent by MS or Sony to create them.

Hardly. If you can't connect your controller to the console then you render the entire system pretty much useless.

The "oh, this is just a bad batch" excuse is wearing pretty thin.

Hardly. If you can't connect your controller to the console then you render the entire system pretty much useless.

The "oh, this is just a bad batch" excuse is wearing pretty thin.

Oh I agree, if you don't have a cable to use with your controller and the wireless is broken, its useless.

I wasn't offering an excuse, just a possible reason since you asked. If its not a hardware issue, then that leaves firmware, driver issues. The reason I question that possibility is that the issue isn't affecting everyone. Usually software issues on a console would affect everyone, especially when that issue is tied to something we all use.

Regardless of why, MS needs to get it fixed. It will only cost them time and money until they do.

I was wondering about this, I have one X1 controller that will randomly disconnect, and I have to hit the button to get it to re-connect.

Does not seem to be any pattern to when it does it, and can be fine for an hour or two.

The other control works fine.