Is 16GB enough for iPad Air 2?

After looking for the options of the Nexus 9, Shield Tablet and iPad Air 2. I decided to go with the iPad Air 2. Just because of the $100 off from Best Buy and I can pay it off in 3 months, so it will not be so bad. Anyway, I would like to know if 16GB enough. If the starting storage was 32GB then I would have no issue but 16GB is not a lot.

I have 16gb on mine... apps work fine on it..

unless you want to download movies, then you can get 32gb or more ...

I only stream movies from iPad to TV... no problem.  (Not download)

Without knowing your specific use case for the device, it's hard to answer. Personally, I'd spring for the 64 GB, it's $100 more, but worth it. If you're going to be storing a lot of content - videos, music, pictures, it's worth it to have the additional capacity. If you're going to be streaming everything, then 16 GB should be okay for apps.

I highly recommend getting the 64GB. That extra $100 is getting you 4x the space. Well worth it. And since you probably won't be replacing it for a while, better to spend it now then to find out in a year or so that you should have spent the $100.

I have 16 on my Air and it is OK provided you don't want to install a lot of large games (infinity blade, for example) or have a lot of movies on it.

Having said that, if you don't update your hardware every 12 months, springing for the 32 or 64 might be worth it. I really wish Apple would concentrate on expandable memory over making the device wafer thin. I'd take a slight bit of thickness with more functionality than vice versa.

Additionally, you might be able to get an original iPad air cheaper with more space. I don't think the Air 2 is an important step up from the original Air unless you have have to have a fingerprint reader or a barometer.

Additionally, you might be able to get an original iPad air cheaper with more space. I don't think the Air 2 is an important step up from the original Air unless you have have to have a fingerprint reader or a barometer.

Going back to your previous post's point about longevity, spring for the iPad Air 2 if you're going to keep the device for a long time, because of all the performance improvements it brings over the Air (2 GB RAM, A8X)

As above I would recommend minimum of 32GB... so if cost is an issue and the iPad Air 1 32GB was an option I'd go for that.

As above I would recommend minimum of 32GB... so if cost is an issue and the iPad Air 1 32GB was an option I'd go for that.

Not going to get Air 1 when Air 2 is out. I can always finance it to 6 months and pay it off in 2 months.

16GB is doable but it will require more attention. When I was rocking 16GB, I could really only have 1 or 2 games and maybe 1 or 2 e-magazines along with everything else. If I wanted to install something new, I typically had to delete something old and that was kind of annoying. In general, I'd say >16GB is a much better experience, but 16GB is manageable.

Depends on how you intend to use it. If you plan on putting a movie or two, heaps of music and a few games and apps I'd opt for the 32GB.

64GB if you plan to use it as a media device with a few movies, lots of music and a ton of games and apps.

As I know nothing about the iPad air, does it have an sd card slot?

I only mention it as it might be cheaper to get the 16GB model and buy any large capacity sd card

Nope.   Android tablets do have sd cards... not Apple devices.

But you are able to backup to your PC via USB or icloud ...

you can use onedrive on it if you want.

As I know nothing about the iPad air, does it have an sd card slot?

Unfortunately not. Apple's fixation on making their tablets thinner and thinner has basically ruled out any of their tablets ever having expandable memory.

Unfortunately not. Apple's fixation on making their tablets thinner and thinner has basically ruled out any of their tablets ever having expandable memory.

Yeah, but that implies Apple at one point had expandable memory, which they never have on iOS devices. It probably would've been "too confusing" for their user base. 

Yeah, but that implies Apple at one point had expandable memory, which they never have on iOS devices. It probably would've been "too confusing" for their user base. 

They could make more money with not offering expandable storage. Its that simple. 

They could make more money with not offering expandable storage. Its that simple. 

That too - not that they need any more money. I will give Apple credit for one thing - they do push boundaries. Back in 2011 I had 32 GB internal storage on my phone. It's 2014, I would've expected 64 GB/128 to be standard for internal storage, but nope - phones still come with 8 GB (or less/more) of internal storage. Apple seems to be one of the few companies (maybe only?) that even offers a 128 GB option in their devices. 

Best Buy, no longer have 64GB version of the iPad Air 2. :-(

Try Amazon or your local cellular store. If you get one from the cellular store, you will have WIFI and mobile data... that way, you are able to access the internet when the WIFI is not around.

Try Amazon or your local cellular store. If you get one from the cellular store, you will have WIFI and mobile data... that way, you are able to access the internet when the WIFI is not around.

I want the $100 off for Black Friday. If I can't get that much off then I would not buy it.