The multiplayer in dragon age 3 is not tied to single player AT ALL.  You get to select from different classes some of which you have to unlock.  Its a totally separate thing.

But what was the statement you made about not using the SP character?

But what was the statement you made about not using the SP character?

I meant the multiplayer mode does not even use your single player character you use preset ones that you level up and its really just like a fun extra if you got friends to play with but it does nothing for you on single player.

I meant the multiplayer mode does not even use your single player character you use preset ones that you level up and its really just like a fun extra if you got friends to play with but it does nothing for you on single player.

Ahh, ok.  Was confused : )

Well I have this game, but haven't started yet. I was surprised to hear that it has extensive voice command support. I can't wait to try that out.

Does anyone know if there is an official voice command list to reference?

I still need to finish my dragonagekeep info before I start the game. Plus, I'm trying to finish a couple other games first.

The graphics look good, at times, but not all the time (using X1).

It's kinda a weird sometimes share / close up conversation, but graphics detail drop when map movement / combat reminded me of previous generation graphics.

Not slamming, just my observation. 

So far fun, and enjoying it. 

Why not just use a controller then? Seems like the obvious thing to do.

Yeah that's the issue, I don't' want to use a controller on the PC, I prefer KB / Mouse. It was an expectation that KB / Mouse would be the way to go on the PC.

Don't really think I'm feeling the mage, going to re-roll rogue or warrior. Probably rogue as you can spec in close quarters or range.

Yeah that's the issue, I don't' want to use a controller on the PC, I prefer KB / Mouse. It was an expectation that KB / Mouse would be the way to go on the PC.

It is.  It's pretty much the same control scheme either way (other than having shortcuts instead of a radial menu for menu stuff.)

Guess I forgot to say anything heh.

I'm liking the multiplayer, even if it is pretty pointless.  Got the Reaver class.  Right on.  If it's anything like how ME3s was handled (which I don't doubt) we'll see more areas and armies and so on soon enough.

I'm having a blast with this, game looks and runs great on PC.  PC UI and controls aren't as personalised as they should be but a lot better and easier to pick up than skyrim was so not as bad as some people are making out imo.  World is so large, enviornments and scale a good improvement on DAO. Liking the story and character direction so far.  Game feels like bioware have gone back to their roots, characters and plot with depth and game with polish not just rushed out the door like DA2.

Think the attributes are the only thing im missing so far, use to like to choose those myself and get into that detail, also kind of liked the range of spells they had in DA2 would have been nice if that variety of depth was kept.

Tactical view is also a surprise, not sure why bioware only half implemented it given it was what 1/2 the people seem to be asking for.  The lack of command cueing, something they've had since KoToR and a key part of the tactical view, seems an odd thing to leave out.

I'm guessing the increased level of detail just made it hard to implement on PC without incredible slowdowns.

Until DX12 hits or NVIDIA uses Mantle (which is possible but I don't expect it) I'd guess there's just too much detail for a proper overhead view

I'm guessing the increased level of detail just made it hard to implement on PC without incredible slowdowns.

Not really. It is just that they optimise for consoles and then throw the damn things as they are on PC.

Doesn't make sense to say a game feels like it's designed to be played with a controller then refuse to use a controller because you prefer something else.

I usually prefer to play most games with kb&m too but I still have a trusty xbox 360 controller for the odd game.

• Like 1

Not really. It is just that they optimise for consoles and then throw the damn things as they are on PC.

The draw call issues on PC are why we don't tend to have RTSes with great levels of zoom.  I can't imagine this having any other reason.

It's a solved issue with Mantle, but until DX12 hits (or Intel and NV jump onboard with Mantle) PC has a critical weakness.

Doesn't make sense to say a game feels like it's designed to be played with a controller then refuse to use a controller because you prefer something else.

I usually prefer to play most games with kb&m too but I still have a trusty xbox 360 controller for the odd game.

If I wanted a console port, I'd just buy the thing on the console in the first place. Anyway It's just my opinion, doesn't have to make sense to everyone, also doesn't mean I'm right nor wrong in that opinion.

that's weird, started getting the loading screen freeze issue...off to uninstall and try different drivers, tis times like this it would have been better to just buy it on console.

Ugh, DA:I is on sale on Amazon for $45. Naturally I won't be able to buy it while it's on sale, so I'm SOL there. I sure as hell can't afford the full price, and at $45 it's better but the timing on when I get my SS money in, just won't work out :(

Tried my best to hold off buying this, I've got an insane backlog of games to play, let alone complete. I knew I'd cave sooner or later though... so I thought "Why not sooner!" :P

• Like 2

I've played through the first part of the game and I have to say that I'm really enjoying the game so far. There are some bugs and some things that are annoying on the PC version. Getting used to the controls (from DAO) took some time. I found that mapping some keys like item finder and interact to side buttons on my mouse really help. I'm really into the story right now!

I recorded some gameplay of closing a rift. Yes, I was getting owned during the first part of the fight lol.

Wife picked this up for me on Wednesday last week. Not sure of the exact count but i bet i have put around 20 hours into the game!! super fun.

So, shockingly out of no where a friend of mine bought this for me from Amazon while the Cyber Monday sale was going on (or is still going on) so I'm very happy for that and thankful.

Sadly, as with Far Cry 4, I can't even play the game. I get a black screen after the Bioware logo and the "This game auto saves when this icon is showing" screen. Mouse cursor is still there (the in game cursor in fact) but just a black screen. I've tried everything I can from searches online - from putting the game in windowed mode, to using Windows 7 compatibility settings etc. Nothing works. So, now I'm sad again :(