So, shockingly out of no where a friend of mine bought this for me from Amazon while the Cyber Monday sale was going on (or is still going on) so I'm very happy for that and thankful.

Sadly, as with Far Cry 4, I can't even play the game. I get a black screen after the Bioware logo and the "This game auto saves when this icon is showing" screen. Mouse cursor is still there (the in game cursor in fact) but just a black screen. I've tried everything I can from searches online - from putting the game in windowed mode, to using Windows 7 compatibility settings etc. Nothing works. So, now I'm sad again :(

Update your drivers?

Update your drivers?

Trust me, they are up to date. Latest beta AMD drivers, clean install, ran the driver uninstaller I have etc.

I saw someplace that changing the renderer to Mantle might fix the crash/freeze - but there's no way to do that without getting into the game! Which I can't get into! Ugh.

too bad this wont run in dual core cpus... my laptop has an i5 4200m + GTX 850m :/

i guess i can play in my pc with FC8320 + AMD 7590 anyway

• 2 weeks later...

picked this up for the ONE about a week or so ago, and finally gave it a try last night...

This game is AWESOME...

Voice commands sure come in handy as well... 

So, shockingly out of no where a friend of mine bought this for me from Amazon while the Cyber Monday sale was going on (or is still going on) so I'm very happy for that and thankful.

Sadly, as with Far Cry 4, I can't even play the game. I get a black screen after the Bioware logo and the "This game auto saves when this icon is showing" screen. Mouse cursor is still there (the in game cursor in fact) but just a black screen. I've tried everything I can from searches online - from putting the game in windowed mode, to using Windows 7 compatibility settings etc. Nothing works. So, now I'm sad again :(

Did you check out this thread? Lots of potential solutions there, revolving mainly around disabling/uninstalling various devices, joysticks, gamepads, even your keyboard and mouse. Personally I had Far Cry 4 crashing whenever I'd hit new game and deleting FC4.dll and having uPlay verify and repair the installation fixed it for me.

Actually, Inquisition works now since the big patch a few days ago. Loaded up fine in fact, so yay! Far Cry 4 still won't run, at all. Worthless POS it is right now.

Needless to say I'm liking Inquisition so far - the MP is surprisingly fun and well designed, like ME3 MP. Go figure.

Ok so I'm late to the party. I got Dragon Age: Inquisition for the PS4 for Christmas. I've put several hours into it and so far I like it a lot. I did have a few issues though:

1) My Origin account is apparently from like Dragon Age: Origins that transferred or something and anyway was made on PC. I don't actually have Origin installed on any PC nor do I intend to install it (that's one of the reasons I got the PS4 version in the first place) but there doesn't seem to be any way to attach my PSN account to my PC originated Origin account via the PlayStation or a Web Browser. As a result I can't do anything that requires a login (keep, etc.) The game still plays fine in single player though but I think I'm missing out on some of my bonus things, oh well.

2) Elder Scrolls clearly spoiled me. This game plays much more like an Elder Scrolls game then the first Dragon Age. As such comparisons are natural. I find it a little annoying that seemingly random chests you can loot and others you cant or that the dude you kill with the wicked armor doesn't leave said armor or even components to help craft it when you kill him.

3) Dragon's Dogma spoiled me too! With all the little loot drops from your party killing people it's hard to see them sometimes. I've probably missed more than I've gotten. In Dragon's Dogma your "pawn" will actually pick up the loot drops too so you don't have to spot them all. They'll even harvest nearby resources if you remain in range. That's would be SOOOOO Nice instead of trying to figure out if everyone anyone killed happened to drop something or not by myself.

4) One odd thing I didn't notice is that I made my character an elven rogue archer and I seem to be able to pick every lock I come across automatically without having picked any specific ability to do so. On the other hand my girlfriend made an elven wizard and she can't pick the lock nor can the NPC rogue when she switches to him. It says she needs some perks or something which I assume are things you pick at the war table thingy but I know I didn't pick them yet so that seems like a HUGE boost for player rogues if you can pick everything and every other class has to wait to get points and then spend them on lock picking.

5) I apparently have hammer thumb. I find it very difficult to not sprint everywhere as the sticks seem very sensitive and I don't see any setting to adjust that. Besides looking stupid by sprinting everywhere it makes me run into thing and fall off stuff a lot and it's hard to notice the loot and resources and stuff when you're sprinting by everything. I wish I could lower the sensitivity of the left analog stick.

Overall the game is great though. It looks good, it's big and open enough and I'm still in one of the first zones. The graphics are pretty good (the metal looks a little weird to me and some other minor quibbles), the customization seems good.

One thing I have to say it does much better than Skyrim though is the "find" missions. Skyrim RUINS them by putting the quest marker exactly where it is so you just follow the quest marker, it's pointless. I do like how this one makes a big glowing circle so you know generally where to look but then basically says "find it in here yourself". That's a much better way to handle it.

I just downloaded the game and was wondering if it is still better to use the controller over keyboard and mouse given the recent update?

I've used a controller only one session with the PC version.  It never was better.

Yeah I tried the controller first up and went back to mouse and kb for the rest of my first full play through.  I really don't understand some people saying its unplayable on m&kb but to each their own.

• Like 1

I'm on my 3rd playthrough, and I don't care what anyone says I still get goosebumps when they start singing after

the battle at Haven

Although Cullen has to be the least inspiring leader ever.

4) One odd thing I didn't notice is that I made my character an elven rogue archer and I seem to be able to pick every lock I come across automatically without having picked any specific ability to do so. On the other hand my girlfriend made an elven wizard and she can't pick the lock nor can the NPC rogue when she switches to him. It says she needs some perks or something which I assume are things you pick at the war table thingy but I know I didn't pick them yet so that seems like a HUGE boost for player rogues if you can pick everything and every other class has to wait to get points and then spend them on lock picking.

There are some locks that you need any Rogue to get through (just as there are some mage-only barriers and warrior-only walls) -- those work all the time. BUT there are locks that can only be picked after getting the Deft Hands perk (requires 4 points in Secrets) no matter what character you're using.  My first playthough was as a rogue, and it still required it (for instance, there are two in Redcliffe).

There are some locks that you need any Rogue to get through (just as there are some mage-only barriers and warrior-only walls) -- those work all the time. BUT there are locks that can only be picked after getting the Deft Hands perk (requires 4 points in Secrets) no matter what character you're using.  My first playthough was as a rogue, and it still required it (for instance, there are two in Redcliffe).

Yeah, I posted my comments here a few hours into the game and a lot of what I said seems to have been just me not understanding how things work.  No one seemed to pay any attention to my point (your the first to respond) so I never bothered to go back and update it.  It turns out though that the first lock my gf ever tried to unlock was one that required the deft hands perk.  We didn't know there were two types so we just assumed that she couldn't pick locks since her main was a mage (even when using an NPC rogue to try) and that I could because my main is a rogue.  I eventually got to that same lock she tried and I couldn't pick it either (the one by the horses) and that's when we realized there were two levels of locks.  It's all good now.

Just as an update to my other points though:

1) This is still a problem for me.  I tried contacting Origin support via their online chat and ofter being in queue for an hour and a half finally got through.  The rep claims my PSN account is linked to a different email but that's a lie.  I buy stuff on my PSN account all the time and it sends the confirmation email to the same address as my origin email.  I even logged into both (via the web) and confirmed that the emails match.  They would do nothing else for me and told me I need to call support.  The estimated hold time for the phone call was 2.5 hours so I gave up.  So in the end I can't use the keep or whatever it's called.  Every time I launch the game I have to cancel out of the Origin login screen but after that the game works fine.  God I hate Origin.

2) Still an issue.  Random loot drops are a bit strange to me now but it's nothing big.

3) While Dragon's Dogma still has a better system where pawns will actually pick up loot for you as well the Dragon Age one isn't as bad as I thought.  I didn't realize you could do the search thing anywhere and it would highlight the drops and even show them on radar.  When that was intro'd it made it seem that the search was only for hidden things when your radar was pulsing.  I've learned better and now it's not so bad.

4) covered above.

5) Still an issue but it's minor and I'm getting better and being more gentle with the analog sticks.

Overall I'm having a blast with the game.  If this runs this well on a PS3/Xbox 360 (I have the PS4 version and I don't know what the differences are, if any, besides graphics) I can't wait to see what they do when they throw out having to support the older consoles and really embrace the capabilities of the new generation.

I really wish they put a chest or something in your room at the castle or whatever that you could drop loot in.  I know you can the the 15 slot upgrades at the council table but you shouldn't have to take with you everything you ever want to keep.  I'm level 14 and I have things all the way up to level 18 that I can't use right now but are better than anything I've found so far so I'd like to just set them somewhere for later and not carry them with me everywhere.

Also they seem to put some important stuff in the "valuables" section which stinks because I was under the impression it was like a "junk" group where you could move things to safely "sell all".  That's not the case as I've accidentally sold somewhat important things (nothing critical but still things I wouldn't otherwise have sold) because they automatically went there.

I've put maybe 10 hours in to the PC version so far, my main issues:

1. Looting. Seems like more than 1/3rd of the game you're running around clipping flowers and/or picking up junk loot

2. Lack of cosmetics. With no option to transmogrify anything, getting that epic looking weapon or armor often means you'd have to sacrifice good stats to wear it.

3. Too many damn quests just thrown at you wherever you go. It's a bit overwhelming to be honest, and 80% of them seem to be utter garbage as far as improving your standing/character in the game. 

If anything, I'd recommend you stick to the main story initially and disregard side quests for a while. Nothing worse than tiring of the game in the very first area (same thing kind of happened to me with Skyrim).

I would like to share my opinion as well:

It took me 108 hours to finish the game completing every quest and killing all Dragons without Mosaic pieces (collectables), if you also add the time I lost reloading the game because of some choices I didn't like that would be around 150 hours of gameplay and the times I lost against fighting the Dragons.

I created a Tank/Warrior which got me dissapointed after 30 hours of gameplay that was because I had to get close to an enemy and hold the attack button and it greatly annoyed me when I was using my skills and I preffered controling other characters such as Varric, Sera, Solas, Dorian in which I had just to select a target, keep a distance and just press the attack button.

I never got used to the Tactical Camera because I noticed my Warrior was attacking more slowly and was moving a lot, I preferred it only when I was trying to move to certain points such as a mountain where I had to get to an Orricalum.

At first Dragon Age seemed huge because Hinterlands was huge and I expected every area to be at least that huge, I figured later that other areas were smaller such as Crestwood and Storm Coast

The scenario/story was awesome, much better than Dragon Age Origins and much more better than Dragon Age 2 which made me sick with the Templars VS. Mages especially if you have your Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 choices aftecting the story.

For me Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age Inquisition will remain two of the best games I have played my entire life and enjoyed the most.

Another minor annoyance I have is that since the drops seem to be pretty random anyway (as in not based on what the thing you killed is using/wearing) it would be nice if there was at least some small chance of things dropping healing potions.  With no real healer type it gets annoying to have to keep going back to camp to restock, even if they are free.  In fact I'd rather pay a small fee or consume plants and such like other potions to restock heal potions in return for being able for find some in chests and such and/or have enemies drop some.

I've put maybe 10 hours in to the PC version so far, my main issues:

1. Looting. Seems like more than 1/3rd of the game you're running around clipping flowers and/or picking up junk loot

2. Lack of cosmetics. With no option to transmogrify anything, getting that epic looking weapon or armor often means you'd have to sacrifice good stats to wear it.

3. Too many damn quests just thrown at you wherever you go. It's a bit overwhelming to be honest, and 80% of them seem to be utter garbage as far as improving your standing/character in the game. 

If anything, I'd recommend you stick to the main story initially and disregard side quests for a while. Nothing worse than tiring of the game in the very first area (same thing kind of happened to me with Skyrim).

I'd agree with these in general. Some thoughts though:

1. You don't NEED to loot at all. Yes, there is A LOT of it available and tons of collections but those are there for people who do like to try to collect everything. I don't believe many, if any, are required to actually finish the game. If you don't like looting, don't do it.

2. I'd like a transmogrify as well but there is a lot of cosmetics available via the crafting system. What materials use for any given recipe changes the appearance of the item being crafted. Additionally when you add components to crafted items (like grips, hilts, arms, legs, etc.) that further changes the appearance so you can customize items you craft a great deal. That said these customizations also change the effects/stats of the item so as you suggest it would be nice to be able to use a look you like without being tied to potentially a set of poor stats. Personally I think the vast majority of helmets look awful and finally gave up and just checked the box in the options to hide the helmets.

3. This is like 1. above. You're not supposed to try to do everything in one play through. It's like picking up things in Skyrim, you need to untrain yourself from just doing everything just because it's there. Do what you need to do and then do whatever interests you and ignore the ones that don't. You should be doing missions because you want to and you enjoy it not because it improves yours standing/character in the game. Plus you'll want to leave stuff for other playthroughs unless you just plan on running through the game once and then not touching it again.