So I guess there is going to be at least one more Story DLC after The Descent to wrap up the main plot's ending?

• 3 weeks later...

Based off the end of that... you're wrong. ;)

I guess that depends on your idea of what closure for the main story was needed.  I felt pretty happy with where the inquisition and the quanari were left; the questions around the old gods, the black city, flemmeth etc were what I had in mind.

Thanks for sharing though looks like an interesting DLC none the less.

I guess that depends on your idea of what closure for the main story was needed.  I felt pretty happy with where the inquisition and the quanari were left; the questions around the old gods, the black city, flemmeth etc were what I had in mind.

Thanks for sharing though looks like an interesting DLC none the less.

My idea of closure for the main story had nothing to do with the quanari either.  It IS about the old gods, the black city, flemmeth, etc.... or more specifically Solas... if you watch that video to the end the very last scene...

Solas turns around and says: "I suspect you have questions."

This leads me to believe that they are going to address at least some of that. 

This leads me to believe that they are going to address at least some of that. 

Been so long didn't even recognise his face! good find. 

Still, not convinced we'll necessarily get closure on those topics but guess we'll find out soon enough.

Been so long didn't even recognise his face! good find. 

Still, not convinced we'll necessarily get closure on those topics but guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm not saying they're going to tie up EVERY loose end but they left it as a pretty nasty cliffhanger.  I suspect they'll resolve SOME of that at least.  I'm sure they will leave some for a sequel though but I can't imagine them leaving it as it is now.

BioWare has confirmed the Dragon Age Inquisition: Trespasser DLC at a PAX Prime panel attended by Eurogamer.

Furthermore, an upcoming patch will add a Golden Nug statue to your undercroft in Skyhold once you've completed the game that will allow you to keep all the schematics, recipes and tapestries you've acquired when re-rolling with another character. In fact, you won't even have to start a new game. If you have any other characters that are mid-game the Golden Nug will simply appear once the next patch is installed.

There will also be new wardrobe options with over a dozen new threads that will be available in your bedroom in Skyhold.

Source

Well I give Bioware credit that was a pretty good DLC that did indeed confirm and answered a few things.

The DA lore is getting pretty dense though, I still have a tonne of questions.  Would also love to know if this game was originally built on a different idea, the wardens and the blight - even the blight itself - seem far removed from where the game has headed now.

Guess we're off to Tevinter for DA4.

Well I give Bioware credit that was a pretty good DLC that did indeed confirm and answered a few things.

The DA lore is getting pretty dense though, I still have a tonne of questions.  Would also love to know if this game was originally built on a different idea, the wardens and the blight - even the blight itself - seem far removed from where the game has headed now.

I bought it but unfortunately I won't get to play it for a while.  My gf is a DA:I addict and she'll probably play through it several times before I get access to the PS4 again.  So I'll be PC gaming (my preference anyway) until she's satisfied.  I will say though that I hope DA4 comes out before the PS5 and actually is a "next gen" game.  By that I mean I hope they drop PS3 and Xbox 360 support so it's not held back by the capabilities of those aging systems.  If they were able to make this game run on the PS3 and 360 I can't wait to see what they can do when they lowest common denominator is the PS4/Xbox One.

There's a blight only every couple hundred years or so.  Outside of the rise of one of the magisters who helped cause the blight itself, what more can be done with it?  There are rumors of a blight starting near the Warden headquarters in the Anderfels (from Awakening DLC, possibly backed up by Varric talking about Bethany "up in Weishappt doing Wardeny things".

I haven't played this DLC yet, but there may be a chance that the Old Gods and the Elven Gods are one and the same -- noting Flemeth holding the soul of a god within her and is able to shapechange into a dragon.

Edited by soniqstylz

I don't want to put spoilers but yes some of the confirmation of theory in this DLC raises questions around what actually caused the blight and how the old gods tie into that, by way of mythos vs reality.

I can see how DAO connects to the larger DA universe but its rare for a game series to move so far away from its origins.  I think a lot of people (myself included) would have been happy to just keep being a warden fighting blights and uncovering the mysteries of them directly.  While historically a blight occurs every couple of centuries, its only because it takes the dark spawn so long to find and reach the Arch demons, theres nothing that locks them into a blight on a set time frame, finding or getting to the archdemons could always be accelerated by other means.

Anyway im not complaining or knocking the direction they've taken (enjoyed DAI), I just think the original premise of wardens and the blight was good and you could have built a series off that without necessarily tying it into this increasingly dense story with old gods, elven gods, forgotten ones, dark spawn, dragons, magisters, forbidden cities, eluvian gateways, rainbow lyrium etc and many many other components.