Jolla Tablet - world's first crowdsourced tablet

I saw this OS on a friend's phone a few weeks ago. I was impressed, although it does take some practice getting used to the new gestures and layout.

They mention on the crowdfunding page that it's available for Switzerland...I am very tempted, I've been thinking about getting a tablet recently despite having said that I don't need one.

I saw this OS on a friend's phone a few weeks ago. I was impressed, although it does take some practice getting used to the new gestures and layout.

They mention on the crowdfunding page that it's available for Switzerland...I am very tempted, I've been thinking about getting a tablet recently despite having said that I don't need one.

Did you consider the new Nokia ? Looks good and the price is right.

Did you consider the new Nokia ? Looks good and the price is right.

The N1? I've just taken a look at it and it seems pretty slick, but I've got to find a reason to own a tablet first, then I'll start looking around. For all I know that could be summer next year, so they'll be plenty of other things coming out during that time (I assume.)

I think for this it was more the reason that they included Switzerland as a destination that made me think, "hmm, should I? Shouldn't I?" Of course other tablets are available in Switzerland, it's just nice to see us get some recognition now and again. :p

Im amazed that crowdsourcing for it has gone so well, being that there are SOOOO many sub $100 tablets out there, some good, some crap, but still lots of other options

I'm sorry, but starting from 189usd price tag is just not worth it in my opinion. Bought Cube Talk 9x for 180usd not that long ago and comparing the specs, I'd still go for Cube Talk 9x.

Cube Talk 9x | Jolla

CPU: MediaTek MTK8392T, Octa Core 2.0 GHz | Intel 1.8ghz quad core 64bit

RAM: 2gb | 2gb

Rom: 16gb+sdcard | 32gb + sdcard

Display: 9.7inch Retina IPS OGS Capacitive Multi-touch Screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 2, 2048 x 1536, 326PPI | 7.85inch IPS 2048 x 1536 330PPI

Camera: 8mp rear 2mp front | 5mp rear 2mp front

Battery: 10000mah | 4300mah

Connectivity: Bluetooth 4, 2g (GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz), 3g (WCDMA 900/2100 MHz + TD-SCDMA 1880-1920/2010-2025MHz), WiFi, GPS and A-GPS | WIFI, Bluetooth 4, GPS (Glonnas)

Thickness: 7mm (weight:560g) | 8.3mm (weight: 384g)

Wow.... $815,900 !!!  Some people must love Sailfish!  

And the selling price of the final tablet will be $249...  The $189/$199 is only valid during the indiegogo funding.

WTF, Canada is not in the list...  Oh well...

Wow.... $815,900 !!! Some people must love Sailfish!

And the selling price of the final tablet will be $249... The $189/$199 is only valid during the indiegogo funding.

WTF, Canada is not in the list... Oh well...

Will not go anywhere. We have so many makers already. Would be better off having the Google Android for the price.