WinXP and Win2000?

I have 2 hard drives and I tried to dual boot WinXP and Win2000 but when I installed 2000 on my 2nd drive it messed up my WinXP... Is there a way that I can dual boot them??

The thing is, I like XP and I'm only putting 2000 on my computer because I'm going for my MCSE and I want 2000 to mess around with and not use it as my prim OS..

Thanks

Yup... that's right... so the formula is:

OLD > NEW

C: > D:

example

Win95 > Win98

Win98 > Win2000

Win2000 > WinXP

But starting from WinNT 4.0 and up, I think it's possible to have WinXP > Win2000 > NT

I think... :) Try to go setup instead of the autoboot

well, i think it doesn't matter for which drive to install win2k or winxp. the rule of thumb is always install the older os 1st, then newer os....since the os loader in win2k might not be able to recognize winxp boot file if u've had winxp installed.

And That'll fix your system. Pretty Much It would be like install xp after 2000. the way that it's supposed to be done in the first place.

Originally posted by freeza

how long does it take to get your MCSE?

It'll take about 6 months but on top of the MCSE I'm gettin the Network+ and A+

Thanks for all the replys

inthe future, if u install win2000 after winxp, backup the ntldr and ntdetect.com files before installing win2000. remember, win2k and winxp can't be on the same partition. after installing win2k, just copy the ntldr and ntdetect.com files back to ur boot drive. everything shouild be ok after a reboot. i know this works cuz that's what i did.

mybud.gif

Originally posted by freeza

cool

can you get a good job by having that behind you?

and can you study at home or does it have to be in college

Yeah you can get a good job, but it really depends on what co. you get into...

You can study at home but its very hard, its better to goto school where you can get hands on...