Android Lollipop update causes problems

My mom's 2012 Nexus 7 is much slower since the update, to the point that I'm thinking of looking for ways to roll it back. She's constantly complaining about apps loading slow, email not updating/deleting properly, Facebook being unusable . . .

I've got it on my N4 now (don't think my daughter has it for her N7 yet). I actually got the 5.0.0 and then 5.0.1 update within a few weeks of each other.

Thankfully I haven't really noticed any performance changes for good or bad so at least I can keep going with this phone. As much as I'd love a new shiny toy, a friend of mine got the N6 and ignoring its size, it didn't take me very long to realise that there is just isn't any point in upgrading.

I have a Moto X 2nd Generation (Verizon version) with Lollipop. The phone works very well up until the random reboot that occurs. For the most part I've encountered the reboot while the phone is charging, or when I'm using the default Google keyboard. The frequency of the reboots is very minimal, only running into it about once a day. I have not yet done a factory reset when I did the upgrade from Kit Kat, but probably will this weekend.

Anyone encountering random reboots on their Moto X 2nd Gen's?

hello moto.

According to XDA the best thing to do is a factory reset after the update

Most likely is a combination of apps not updated to ART, blame lazy Devs, and my guess cache issues with the switch also 

Of course my N6 is running perfectly fine, bout time to unlock and remove the encryption 

According to XDA the best thing to do is a factory reset after the update

Most likely is a combination of apps not updated to ART, blame lazy Devs, and my guess cache issues with the switch also 

Of course my N6 is running perfectly fine, bout time to unlock and remove the encryption 

Heh, Google Now, Photos (formally Picasa) & Chrome are among such apps that are freezing for long durations. Granted 3rd party applications are actually crashing / freezing the device e.g. Facebook & Outlook.

Ugh.. .LG update... so many bugs... alarm no longer sounds if you are in vibrate or silent mode is the most annoying one... anyone  know if 5.0.X fixes that?

I'm waiting for 5 to drop for the Galaxy Tab S 10.5, and also for CyanogenMod of 5 for my S4.

I'm waiting for 5 to drop for the Galaxy Tab S 10.5, and also for CyanogenMod of 5 for my S4.

Cyanogenmod lollipop for s4?

Cm12 nightlies are already available for the s4.

Cyanogenmod lollipop for s4?

Cm12 nightlies are already available for the s4.

I won't use the nightlies, I'm waiting for the stable release.

I won't use the nightlies, I'm waiting for the stable release.

That's gonna take quite a while, milestone 1 will be released in a few days/weeks, after that we got quite a few milestones and a rc built. I think It's gonna be stable in june or july or even later.

• 4 months later...

Still, I'm surprised by how well the Tab 4 (just came in today) is running 4.4.  I set up my Mom and myself (thank Ghu for multi-user mode!) and our widely-differing app collections (hers is mostly apps - mine is mostly games), and all the while it was both updating itself AND updating apps and charging - unlike the Tab 2 (also 7.0") it replaces, it actually kept accumulating charge while in use.  The only question is (for me) choosing between the Tab 4 and Note 4 (while the Note 4 has a taller resolution - in fact, it's taller than the resolution on my desktop PC, let alone the Tab 4 - I don't have a USE for a resolution that tall in a 7" display - or any display, for that matter).  Even more surprising, there is no PRICE difference between the two.

• 4 weeks later...