Firefox drops Google as default search engine, signs five-year deal with Yahoo

I think I'm going to switch to Chrome now.

switching to chrome because of a default search engine change makes no sense, search engine is fully configurable.

I think I'm going to switch to Chrome now.

switching to chrome because of a default search engine change makes no sense, search engine is fully configurable.

I think people that know allready how to change it aren't liking the change because they will have more of a support workload from people now.

Also they do not like it because yahoo's lack of security (they spread a ton of malware quite a few times as well as are very easy to hack into email accounts, etc)  and for an insecure site to be a default makes them cringe.

Also they do not like it because yahoo's lack of security (they spread a ton of malware quite a few times as well as are very easy to hack into email accounts, etc)  and for an insecure site to be a default makes them cringe.

Yea. I  cleared my contact list on my Yahoo email account do the the amount of infections Yahoo gets.  Its crap really.  And why Yahoo will always be my spam account and my account I use to register sites with.

Yea. I  cleared my contact list on my Yahoo email account do the the amount of infections Yahoo gets.  Its crap really.  And why Yahoo will always be my spam account and my account I use to register sites with.

I hear that, I use Yahoo for that exact same reason... if I remember right I wasn't even using it yet and was getting spammed right out of the gate too.  I love Yahoo, keeps my real mail accounts free of spam lol.. gets ~150 per day. My GMail account mayyyyybe 2 or 3 a month (I don't use it for site registers, just random spam that occasionally hits), my real mail account, zero.  

I wonder if Mozilla collect information about this, random usage statistics that will show when someone switches from their default search to Google (or whatever you use)? I know I'll be switching back to Google if I see that it gets changed.

I wonder if Mozilla collect information about this, random usage statistics that will show when someone switches from their default search to Google (or whatever you use)? I know I'll be switching back to Google if I see that it gets changed.

Mostly likely, probably collected along with the other telemetry. (The FAQ says customizations is included with that, search engine is probably included.)  One of the first things that I turn off myself, it's under Data Choices in the options.  Chrome probably does that too with their usage statistics I would think, also something I disable.

Update 34 for Firefox has been released with Yahoo as the default.

And even if you update, still resets your search to Yahoo.  And really, as long as you are updating and it is not a clean install, should recognize what you have and keep it Google, Bing, or whatever other option you choose.

And better results from Yahoo!?  Yea, no

post-91978-0-16013500-1417541698.png

post-91978-0-29668700-1417541848.png

I don't really care about the change but, Yahoo? It's awful! Any way, I've lately been finding myself using Bing more and more, I don't know why.

Here in Germany Firefox 34.0.5 comes with the old search box UI and Google as default.

For now anyway.

i managed to get the new firefox on my tablet and what does it do...?

plays a freakin video with some yuppie puppie manifesto crap and i'm like...

its a browser...

be a browser.. a good little browser a d dont play vids unlress i wa  a watcn it.