Windows 8.1 - November Update Available

Don't call it thing that it isn't. It's the November update, not Update 3, because why would they jump from Update to Update 3 without passing by Update 2 (and no, they didn't, August had the August update, it wasn't the planned "Update 2", just the small parts of it). WinBeta is just giving it names because they saw it on a roadmap that doesn't exist anymore.

Semantics and nothing more.

I'm not sure if they're related but I installed the update on my Surface 3, rebooted and now OneDrive is gone from the Navigation Pane and the taskbar. I tried downloading it and reinstalling it and it just finished and dissappears, no login taskbar icon...

That's no good :/ now I am scared to update. Did it resolve after a reboot or two?

Can't wait to see what Windows 8.1 Update 1 August Update 2 November Update 3 looks like.

I guess calling it Windows 8.3 did not make enough sense to them ...

I Just get info someone from MDL saying that Windows 8.1 Release Update 3 has been

This update rollup includes the following new features and improvements:
  • Refreshed language packs
  • Defence-in-depth security and Schannel hardening
  • Support for newer hardware (boot order allowance, SD card improvements, USB debugging)
  • Improved Web Services for Devices (WSD) printer support during network switches
  • Performance and reliability improvements in clustered virtual machine mission-critical environments
  • Improved manageability
  • Additional hardware support (devices that have third-party disk encryption software enabled can now be upgraded to Windows 8.1 more easily)

This November update rollup also includes all previous updates since our last image update in April 2014. This is a convenient single step to bring Windows clients and servers up to date. Unlike our April update, the November update rollup is not required to be able to continue to receive security or other updates. However, we strongly recommend that you deploy it to Windows clients and servers to benefit from these new features and improvements as well as to prevent many known issues that have been resolved since April. This update is thoroughly tested to the same quality level as our previous service packs. However, unlike service packs, this update does not change the version number and does not deprecate or change any APIs in a manner that would require recertification.

Check here : https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3000850?wa=wsignin1.0

NO!

"This November update rollup also includes all previous updates since our last image update in April 2014"

Really??? This is the Update 3 A.K.A November Update....they just renamed Update 2 to August update & removed the start menu & windowed modern apps from it.

They just decided to focus on Windows 10 & make update 2 & 3 smaller updates instead of going for their original plan.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-update-2-shipping-month

http://www.howtogeek.com/194942/windows-8.1-update-2-is-here-but-its-a-big-letdown/

Of course they will include all updates released previously,think about it.

Before to install this "November Update" you have on top of Windows Update the April Update patch. August update was not a "major" update.

Do some research bro, it was supposed to be a major update (it was called Update 2 before MS decided to remove the new Startmenu & Windowed modern apps from it & renamed it to August Update....all because they wanted to focus more on Windows 10) & so was this new update 3

but now both Update 2 & 3 are just fixes & security updates.

Does it really matter if its August update or Update3? Those are arbitrary names made up by Microsoft. They changed it and are not calling it Update3 anymore. So what?

• Like 2

Does it really matter if its August update or Update3? Those are arbitrary names made up by Microsoft. They changed it and are not calling it Update3 anymore. So what?

Yeah,

Who really gives a rats patooch what ANYTHING is numbered, as far as updates or program versions? It's just a number, so what!

• Like 1

Exactly this..it really doesn't matter, all of the main focus is on Windows 10 now anyway...Windows 8 isn't going to get any new features,only fixes & security updates

Like I said in a previous topic, I had problems with this update, hard-drives become slower, x64 applications crash or become slower. Maybe there's a reason this is optional.

Like I said in a previous topic, I had problems with this update, hard-drives become slower, x64 applications crash or become slower. Maybe there's a reason this is optional.

So, you're telling that if I install this update, there might be stability & performance issues?

That's no good :/ now I am scared to update. Did it resolve after a reboot or two?

It's funny you worded it that way.  I checked for updates (only a defender update) and rebooted.  No dice.  Then I rebooted again this morning and now it's back.

Guys, Update 3,4, who cares? Windows 8.x is becoming the new 7, orphaned with little to new features, all I am hoping for is that Windows 10 has a reasonable price tag.

So, you're telling that if I install this update, there might be stability & performance issues?

From the feedback I've been reading here, in another forum and on Reddit, it varies from computer to computer.

Interesting. This update crashes my Chrome x64 (stable).

Chrome x64 (stable) runs fine on my end after installing this update. Try reinstalling/rebooting perhaps?