OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 WiFi Woes. Dramatically Slower Speeds

I had read multiple people having issues with their WiFi on Yosemite when it was first released.

I did have some issues with random disconnects, but that was it.

Upgraded to 10.10.1, and now my WiFi is WAY slower than it was. It has gone from 80/75 Mbps to 15/5

I thought somehow maybe it was on my end, but every other computer or device on my network is still my normal speeds.

So my disconnect issues has been resolved, but the loss of speed is just awful. Really hope they fix this ASAP.

Oh by the way, I did test it wired as I have a Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter and that was the next logical test to see if it was on my end or not. Wired speeds are flying, although there is some loss in the Upload.

Yosemite 10.10.1 WiFi Speeds

3925376200.png

Yosemite 10.10.1 Wired Speeds

3925392198.png

I really do not know what has happen with Apple lately. To screw up something as important as WiFi really is a major blunder on their end.

I have tried setting up a new location and changing my DNS servers.

If anyone has any other suggestions or known fixes I am all ears. I really would love to get my WiFi speeds back to what they should be.

I can't get ANY of my Apple products to transmit over wifi faster then 19Mbit even when you are in direct line of sight and close to the AP with a good SNR... This started after all the last updates for iPhone and Mac OSX... to the same AP I can get my windows systems to go multiple times faster on 802.11n and 802.11ac connections

I was thinking it was just me having wifi issues...

I can't get ANY of my Apple products to transmit over wifi faster then 19Mbit even when you are in direct line of sight and close to the AP with a good SNR... This started after all the last updates for iPhone and Mac OSX... to the same AP I can get my windows systems to go multiple times faster on 802.11n and 802.11ac connections

I was thinking it was just me having wifi issues...

This was my WiFi Speeds on the same Powerbook on Sept 19th.

post-34384-0-90768600-1416523142.png

Wired:

3925449024.png

Wireless

3925458661.png

Not that bad here.

As for a fix....all Apple?

I have to ask, did you not read any of the details I posted?

My WiFi speeds were fine before the update. Many people were saying they had issues, luckily I did not.

So just because you do not see it on your end, does not mean it is not happening.

My Wired speeds are what they should be on the same laptop. The speed tests I posted above were done right in a row. One on WiFi, one on Wired. I am about 4 feet from my router, and the speeds I posted in this response are what I usually see on WiFi.

All other devices on my networks WiFi are as fast as they should be.

Here is a test from my LG G3, right next to my laptop.

1051789573.png

Details of the test if you click the image.

Finally, I literally applied this 10.10.1 update last night before I went to bed.

It is no doubt ALL Apple.

Seriously, Google OS X Yosemite WiFi Issues and then perhaps you will realize you are fortunate. Just like I realize I was fortunate when I first updated.

Another OS X update, another series of Wi-fi issues.

OS X 10.10.2 pre-release just showed up in the App Store for me, but I'm afraid to install it incase it makes it worse.

It is no doubt ALL Apple.

Yep! Just far too many people being affected. 

Also 10.10.1 was mean't to fix WiFi issues. But apparently not the case...or in your case made your WiFi worse.

Just noticed 10.10.2 gone to devs http://www.macrumors.com/2014/11/20/os-x-yosemite-10-10-2-beta/

...and yes I always read posts fully before replying.  :rolleyes:

One last bit of information, my wife's Macbook is still on 10.10, just had her run a speedtest, here are the results...

3925797938.png

That completely eliminates the fact it could somehow be my router that might need an update, etc.

Another OS X update, another series of Wi-fi issues.

OS X 10.10.2 pre-release just showed up in the App Store for me, but I'm afraid to install it incase it makes it worse.

If you can upload the DMG somewhere I will gladly give it a shot, as I cannot see it getting any worse than this.

Hell I am even considering resubscribing my developers account. I had one for work and let it run out about 5 months back.

I am real curious to see my speeds on the WiFi at work as I am not dismissing the fact it could be certain routers that OS X does not like, which still to me is an issue with OS X and not the router itself. However at work we have Ubiquiti Unifi AP's and at home I have a Netgear R7000. So curious to see if I get the same result on all routers and AP's or just certain ones. I can swap out my R7000 with an Asus NT66U, although I prefer not to, I will if it brings my speeds back.

Will wait to see how my speeds are at work tomorrow before I go redoing my home network. Pain in the arse doing all of this regardless.