Can I change Chrome's Bookmarks location?

Hi

I'm looking to move my chrome bookmarks folder onto a data partition on my PC, can this be done?  I know I could copy the data there but I actually want Chrome to look at the new location for bookmarks in the future as well as store new ones there.

Thanks

Why not sync your bookmarks with the cloud? Chrome makes it really easy.

I do, I just wanted to store them on a different partition as well - do you know if that's possible?

I do, I just wanted to store them on a different partition as well - do you know if that's possible?

Could always symlink the bookmarks file.  Just tried it in Windows anyway, Chrome doesn't seem to care.

You can export the bookmarks into a HTML file... and save it in your preferred location, if you want to.

Otherwise use cloud and they will be available on the devices as long as your same account are linked to the cloud.

One thing you can do is force Google Chrome to use another location for its profile, which would include bookmarks and all local browser settings. Take a look here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/9bqidhQLwHg

On my Windows 8.1 PC Chrome is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\ so to set up Chrome to use a different location for the profile you'd need to add the following switch to every Chrome shortcut;

--user-data-dir=

Let's say my data drive is located on the G drive, so mine would look something like this;

--user-data-dir="G:\BrowserProfiles\ChromeStable"

So my final Chrome shortcut set to a new profile would look like this;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir="G:\BrowserProfiles\ChromeStable"

Of course you'd be using a new profile so backup your bookmarks and anything else you might need to migrate to a new profile (or, I guess, you can always drag and drop the existing profile files into the new location). There's also the --disk-cache-dir= switch which is also very handy for SSD users who don't wish to trash the SSD from constant browser cache read/writes.