Nexus 9 or Tab Pro 8.4?

I'm trying to found out if the $200 price difference is worth for the Nexus 9 over the Samsung Tab Pro 8.4. I'm skipping the Tab S because it's slower than the Pro and is $130 more too. The two main difference between the two I'm looking at is the faster processor and stock android 5 vs the samsung crap were. The reason I would choose the Tab Pro is price tag and mircoSD.

I did a post on iPad Air 2 but decided that I don't really want it anymore even though I can get it for $100 less on Black Friday. Plus, I don't see myself keeping it more than a year since my Nexus 7 2gen crap out less than a year.

• Like 1

I would go with the Nexus 9 for a few reasons. I did have a Tab Pro 8.4 at one point, but what I really didn't like was all the bloatware that comes with a Samsung Devices. Sure there are useful features here and there (such as multitasking), but I find the bloat to overpower those benefits. Installing Cyanogenmod on it improved performance greatly and now I don't think I'll ever go back to Touchwiz again. I sold my Tab Pro 8.4 and I'm currently using the Nexus 9. The Nexus 9 is not the most high quality tablet when it comes to the hardware, but neither is the Tab Pro 8.4 The sound quality is great, it really brings out one of the biggest reasons to buy a tablet, for entertainment and media consumption. Android Lollipop is by far the best release version of Android and it's much faster than Touchwiz. I honestly didn't miss the features of Touchwiz as much as I thought I would. The downside to the Nexus 9 is that the K1 processor has some compatibility issues with some apps.

• Like 1

i see the Samsung for $250, or the Nexus for $400. I just bought a Nexus 9 and would suggest you save the $150 and buy the Samsung. That doesnt mean i dont love the Nexus, but that $150 is a huge difference.

Nexus because of the fact that it has stock Android, not with the horrible bloatware you get with Samsung.

• 3 weeks later...

Another option is the NVidia Shield Tablet, which I'm still contemplating on getting. It recently got the Lollipop Android 5.0 update, and runs relatively near stock with a few NVidia-specific applications on board. The Shield uses a 32-bit quad-core version of the K1 while the Nexus 9 sports a dual-core 64-bit variant.