Problem unlocking Rogers Nokia Lumina 920

Quick rundown:

I have had 50+ phones in the last couple years since I buy and flip them for profit. I have always unlocked the phones using www.cellunlocker.net without issue. I bought a Nokia Lumina 920 last Saturday and ordered the unlock code. Cellunlocker could not find a code on there primary database and resubmitted on their second one with no results again. Next, I tried Canada GSM to unlock with same results, the order came back as "code not found". And then just last night I tried a 3rd company  Unlock Canada and again same results. Each time the company has refunded the cost back into my paypal.

So before you ask,

1) yes, the IEMI number is indeed accurate and correct and comes up on the Nokia website as accurate.

2) yes, it is a Rogers based phone and that's who i select as the carrier. It is branded Rogers right in the OS.

3) no, the phone is not blacklisted on reported stolen.

My next logical step is to call rogers themselves and see if they can unlock it but I don't expect to much from them. According to their website you need to have a post-paid account with them for 3 months before they do it. Rogers is not my own personal carrier and will NOT switch to them for 3 months for a simple unlock. 

So here is the question: anyone ever had a phone that simply is not "unlockable"? I have never seen this in the dozens and dozens of handsets I have had unlocked. Anyone had a similar issue with rogers/Nokia based handsets? 

Added: there are many videos of people unlocking their rogers locked lumina 920 from cellunlocker on youtube. I don't know why this one can't be.

According to the Cell Phone Freedom Act they have to unlock it if:

1) you purchased it for the full amount (unsubsidized) or

2) you've come to the end of your contract.

Further, Rogers says they will unlock it for s flat $50 fee or after 3 months of service.

Anything else would be skirting the rules.

I've always used a site called freeunlocks.com for my unlocking needs. In the past year, I've used them to successfully unlock three phones (one Huawei and two Alcatels). With the Alcatel phones, the form on their website requires something called a "Prodiver ID" which is only required for Alcatel phones, but the form on their website is broken and does not accept anything in that field. For both instances, I've emailed their customer support with my IMEI and Provider ID and have gotten quick replies with the unlock code.

This turns even more odd. Called Rogers, spoke with tech support. He asked for the iemi and says its not on their system. He suggested it could be hard-coded for their system (which i have never heard of before) but to make sure, I should try a rogers sim card in it. If it works, its hard coded for their system and can not be unlocked..... first time hearing of this and is a horrible way to lock a customer in. I will try a friends rogers simcard out of curiosity but won't be switching anyways.