Game of Thrones (2014 video game) - Winter Is Coming...next week

I was excited when I saw this, but it looks a bit.... Poo :(

The graphics look terrible.

I was excited when I saw this, but it looks a bit.... Poo :(

The graphics look terrible.

What'd you expect from Telltale, Crysis: Westoros Edition?

• Like 2

Everyone complaining about the graphics obviously isn't used to Telltale games which tell a good story rather than look pretty. That being said, the art style of this game takes a bit of a different turn compared to Telltales previous games, so at worst the graphics aren't going to be as good as they could be on their engine as its likely not as refined as it could be, but I personally think the graphics are fine looking, better than TWD games with a more realistic style than their Tales from the Borderlands.

If you guys think the graphics are "bad" in this game, have you even seen the Borderlands series?

• Like 1

Everyone complaining about the graphics obviously isn't used to Telltale games which tell a good story rather than look pretty. That being said, the art style of this game takes a bit of a different turn compared to Telltales previous games, so at worst the graphics aren't going to be as good as they could be on their engine as its likely not as refined as it could be, but I personally think the graphics are fine looking, better than TWD games with a more realistic style than their Tales from the Borderlands.

If you guys think the graphics are "bad" in this game, have you even seen the Borderlands series?

Because Alien: Isolation pulled it off?

You can have both you know, this is almost 2015 we have expectations.

This type of game isn't likely to play like Borderlands, so it needs something going for it.

Im confused, supposed to take place before Jamie lost his hand, but after Tyrion got his scar???

You're expecting them to have read the books or watched the series before they ran off with fists full of publisher money.

Im confused, supposed to take place before Jamie lost his hand, but after Tyrion got his scar???

Between that and the fable of cart # 105 being found in a pawn shop.

Because Alien: Isolation pulled it off?

You can have both you know, this is almost 2015 we have expectations.

Well sure with the backing of Sega, 20th Century Fox and many former Crytek staff, I would hope the game would look good and have a decent story. But in the other corner we have Telltale Games using their current game engine making a great story-based game. Can't expect the level of graphical fidelity of the Crytek company from a single studio developing a game with little outside help.

This type of game isn't likely to play like Borderlands, so it needs something going for it.

And Gearbox doesn't tell a story as well as Telltale either (which is why Tales from the Borderlands is being developed primarily by Telltale), so it has that going for it.

You're expecting them to have read the books or watched the series before they ran off with fists full of publisher money.

Touche'....

Well I am a hardcore GoT fan, read the books, and cant wait for season 5 to start next spring, so obviously I will get this game.

I am quite excited about this.  I loved the Walking Dead game from them! and the first episode of tales from the borderland was not bad too. 

I love the interactive story with choices gameplay!   So we will have GoT running together with Tales from Borderlands. NICE!

Okay some how I didn't know anything about this game until now.

The graphics aren't exactly next gen tho.

the graphics look better in motion.   they are not realisting, they are comic book style

Yeah but, Tyrion got his scar (nose almost cut off in the books) after Jamie lost his hand.

This follows the television series.  Why else would they model the characters after the actors?

• 2 months later...

New episode is brilliant. Loving it. If you like telltale games, go play it now.,

BTW, neowin forum search is just terrible :(  not sure if it is an IPB issue or not. but you cannot find ######

Even after playing Ep1, I'm holding off until the full release so I can play it all at once without that self-reflection that comes with seeing what other people do / did.

Haha, Telltale Games! Playing Tales of Monkey Island right now. Kind of out of character for them... I wonder how it'll turn out. I wish it'll do great and then they'll get finances for more adventure games. :p *ego speaking*

• Like 1