Burger King worker's shocking find -- $100 K

SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- In the South Bay, a bag loaded with about $100,000 was found inside a Burger King.

The assistant manager was the first one to spot the blue backpack, abandoned in a booth at the Burger King on North Bascom Avenue in San Jose.

"I twice cleaned, like two or three times cleaned the tables and it's still here," said Sahista Bakawla, assistant manager of the Burger King. "I waited until 3 p.m. and nobody came here."

She took it to the back and called the owner. He opened it, hoping to find some ID or a phone number.

"I open the zipper, I see lots of money, cash money, $100 bills stack up like half the bag, money," Burger King owner Altaf Chaus said. "I said, 'Wow! Today's my birthday, this is my birthday gift.'"

It was a fleeting thought. He immediately called police.

"I've been in this country 26 years and I worked two jobs for 15 years before I bought this Burger King," Chaus said. "So I'm a very hard working man. I don't want that money, maybe it belongs to somebody."

Officers came to the restaurant and opened the bag. Along with the money, they found candy, a little bit of marijuana and a bank deposit slip.

Police are now working with the bank to find the bag's owner.

source

video

Ummm posting the name of someone who found that money and handed it over to the police, is a VERY BAD IDEA. Most people don't carry a bag with 100,000 to burger king unless it is for something shady. Someone is gonna be upset when they find out where their money went. Very bad idea. I really hope theres not a sad follow up story to this one.

• Like 4

Ummm posting the name of someone who found that money and handed it over to the police, is a VERY BAD IDEA. Most people don't carry a bag with 100,000 to burger king unless it is for something shady. Someone is gonna be upset when they find out where their money went. Very bad idea. I really hope theres not a sad follow up story to this one.

It's the manager of the store the bag was left in. It doesn't take to much to guess that may have been the person who handed the bag over.

No, somebody is going to go after the guy who forgot it there. That guy is toast.

LOL if it was me who discovered that bag you wouldn't see me trying to find the owner.

I'd get the bag and drive home with it. 

Who carries a bag of $100,000 with them? There is something shady going on here. 

• Like 2

Pfft - thats my bar tab every night -

hey man, we are not talking about Vietnamese dongs here! (which by the way will buy you a single beer!  good for you, not drinking too much)

This amount is in real money.

A penny won't buy you much these days but it will go a lot further than a Vietnamese dong. This has the dubious distinction of the worst rate of exchange against sterling of any currency ? you need about 33,000 dong to buy just ?1. Here are the world's 10 least valuable currencies, as compiled by forexcurrency.us.

hey man, we are not talking about Vietnamese dongs here! (which by the way will buy you a single beer!  good for you, not drinking too much)

This amount is in real money.

Ooohhh !!

Well - my bar tabs usually involve vietnamese -- but they only offer those in some seedy bars.

Marijuana was found in the bag as well.  Probably a dealer that was to baked and forget the bag.

I figure that a couple of guys who really deal drugs saw a cop, or unmarked law officer car pull in the parking lot.

They left the incriminating evidence behind and snuck out.

Better to loose several thousand than spend 5 years in prison.

LOL if it was me who discovered that bag you wouldn't see me trying to find the owner.

I'd get the bag and drive home with it. 

Who carries a bag of $100,000 with them? There is something shady going on here. 

well it's the owner of the franchise and they do much more then that per month so...

btw: i have some friends that carry much more then that when they go from their enterprises into the banks, since they work with exchange / currency houses. It's pretty crazy and risky business.

Just freaking check the CCTV  :(

If they have... some places just have dummy cameras.