CPU underclocked after restart (possibly crash)

Hello,

i have this problem. Today i was browsing on internet and my PC restarted, without any BSOD or other error message. after 10 minutes it restarted again. So i turned off PC, unplugged it and cleaned every single piece of dust i found. After i finished, I noticed that my CPU frequency is reduced from 3 Ghz to 2,2 Ghz, so i tried to fix it in bios but that setting with multiplying was not saving (it was on x11 instead of x15 to reach 3 000 Mhz). So i take out battery from MB and there was dust under it. CLeaned it, put battery back, CMOS resetted. I loaded default settings but now its 2,6 Ghz. Im out of ideas, cant find any source of problem.

Now, 5 hours later im noticing that lights in our flat are blinking. Maybe there was some anomaly in current which caused this? 

I hope i explained my problem perfectly.

My system: 
MB: MSI 880 GM E-41

GPU: Asus Geforce ENGTS 250 DK

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 640 3,0 Ghz.

I take the battery was bad.

Also, what PSU do you have? Could be a voltage problem.

lights flickering and computer shutting down randomly. i'd suspect it's nothing to do with the computer, more so with your wiring in the house.

i also had a very similar issue, i practically tore my PC apart looking for what i feared, a bad PSU, or graphics card, or even motherboard being damaged, but i realised, after cleaning my PC something was missing, the reset switch had come out from from front of the case and was touching the case, every time the case moved slightly when i moved in the room the circuit was completed and reset the computer. 

long shot, but it might be a similar issue if you clean your computer out often. 

when you overclock, do you have the overclock menu open or do you have to press a Key combo to unlock it like CTRL+F1? because some bios menu's require this to overclock.

since you have default settings, make sure that you have disabled any auto boosting features, auto memory clock etc, features in the bios. this might cause the overclock to fail and revert to default. 

you usually get a message to replace Cmos battery if it's bad and the clock resets all the time. 

Hello again,

i bought new battery, replaced it, went into BIOS, there was 3 000Mhz, like it should be. So i set time, restarted, login to windows but it was again 2200 only, so i returned to BIOS and it was same like with old battery. 

About that restarting: I found source....last few days we have very bad weather here so electricity was not stable, I noticed it to late. 

So maybe that frequency problem is not related to those restarts, i just noticed it after that cleaning when it happened.

where should be problem with that frequency? im able to trick it to 2,67 ghz, but not 3,0 Ghz

lights flickering and computer shutting down randomly. i'd suspect it's nothing to do with the computer, more so with your wiring in the house.

i also had a very similar issue, i practically tore my PC apart looking for what i feared, a bad PSU, or graphics card, or even motherboard being damaged, but i realised, after cleaning my PC something was missing, the reset switch had come out from from front of the case and was touching the case, every time the case moved slightly when i moved in the room the circuit was completed and reset the computer. 

long shot, but it might be a similar issue if you clean your computer out often. 

when you overclock, do you have the overclock menu open or do you have to press a Key combo to unlock it like CTRL+F1? because some bios menu's require this to overclock.

since you have default settings, make sure that you have disabled any auto boosting features, auto memory clock etc, features in the bios. this might cause the overclock to fail and revert to default. 

you usually get a message to replace Cmos battery if it's bad and the clock resets all the time. 

Im not overclocking, I just noticed that my CPU is underclocked but i cant fix it in BIOS

Maybe its time for new MB and CPU, but i want to be sure that it will help.