Xbox LIVE Attack Disrupts Service, Group Threatens More For Christmas

The group or individual responsible for taking down PlayStation Network, Battle.net, and other services earlier this year returned yet again on Monday. This time they turned their sites toward Xbox LIVE and briefly brought the service down, and threatened more for attacks for Christmas.

Update: Xbox LIVE appears to be back up and functioning normally.

Whole story: http://www.inquisitr.com/1648460/xbox-live-attack-disrupts-service-group-threatens-more-for-christmas/

LizardSquad... yeah... cool guys  :rolleyes:

The frequency of these attacks is getting ridiculous :no:

Bad enough when you don't get any time to game, then these jack asses stick their oar in when you finally can

I seen on the front page MS are giving away 100 One's. That is in itself awesome, but rising to mock/challenege or belittle these jack asses will just lead to them hitting back. Don't think MS should have done anything other than apologise.

I seen on the front page MS are giving away 100 One's. That is in itself awesome, but rising to mock/challenege or belittle these jack asses will just lead to them hitting back. Don't think MS should have done anything other than apologise.

It's a fake Twitter account.  (Not that I disagree with the sentiment though.)

What is the point?  What are they trying to solve by being disruptive.  Same thing with the violent protests of late, solves nothing.

They're doing it for the lolz. That's it and that's all.

Can't they be traced? Surely internet technology can't be that bad. They should be traced and summarily executed.

And you really think in the days of internet hackers that its as easy as that? lol. No. Obviously people like these will have an insane amount of proxies

And you really think in the days of internet hackers that its as easy as that? lol. No. Obviously people like these will have an insane amount of proxies

That's poor design then. The proxy providers should all be destroyed, physically.

what if they trace through the proxies and end up with one in north korea :|

Not sure why people think North Korea, a country basically in the dark ages is somehow responsible for every cyber attack these days when the majority of them don't even own a computer let alone have internet access.

That's poor design then. The proxy providers should all be destroyed, physically.

I don't think they'd use a proxy service, more likely they have a large botnet. (malware/trojan infected computers which they use for these attacks)

Looks like Live is down again.

Hacked, Internal issues, Hacked again, azure issues, hacked another time... XBL is even worse than PSN now and I didn't think you could get much worse than that.

Can't they be traced? Surely internet technology can't be that bad. They should be traced and summarily executed.

They're probably using Internet Explorer Inprivate Browsing...  :shifty:  :rofl:

It's not that easy, a proxy doesn't hide you unless the proxy itself is illegal, even then they can often find you.

people have been tracked and jailed/fined for DDOS before because they thought they where hidden when they fired that orbital ion canon. problem is most of the people doing DDOA are clueless script kiddies who think they are cool. It's not as easy as people think to hide online even if you mange to hide your route there are other clues and "fingerprints" you leave that can identify you. Kind of like how Google can identify the same person "anonymously" even if he uses a different computer in a different state even without logging into anything, just by what and how he surfs.

Nope they can't they'll be using Tor which is a anonymous browser used by many "hackers" who are wanted by the FBI. It just chances your IP constantly.

Tor is also just by people who don't want to be tracked and monitored by the NSA.

Another thing is the FBI can't take illegal sites of it either.

Which I personally think is great.

Nope they can't they'll be using Tor which is a anonymous browser used by many "hackers" who are wanted by the FBI. It just chances your IP constantly.

Tor is also just by people who don't want to be tracked and monitored by the NSA.

You think that's great? Oh god. What has become of this world.

I really hope I get to play tonight. I work all week and rarely play. Friday nights I get on except last night working a 24 I came home and went to sleep. So tonight and tomorrow I can play.

Hopefully these ######ing people stop and get a life.

It's gotten this easy to do now..

Look for IPs that Xbox Live Uses
Hire "booser" using bitcoin or prepaid card

point "booster" to IPs and let it run.

Edited by Andrew
  • Like 2

Tor sounds like the preferred browser for pedophiles... 

Regardless one guy using a web browser to mask his ip address doesn't cause XBL to go offline.

Tor is mostly compromised, just thought I'd let you know that before you do something illegal on it. NSA has set up enough nodes in it to get effective monitoring.

• Like 2

Guys please don't link to tools used in DDoS attacks.

Do not post links to exploits, malware, or websites that produce undesired effects to our members.
This includes browser crashes, multiple pop-up screens, DOS attacks, or similar results. Links will be removed, threads closed, and members will be warned or suspended.