When a Facebook application wants access to your friends list...

Facebook Permission poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. When an app wants access to your facebook friends list you...

• You don't care and click ok
    • Care about the privacy of your friends and click No
    • Don't really care either way.

Livestream-profile-access.png

When you are loading app on Facebook and you see the following message, how does that make you feel, and do you continue to authorize the Facebook App? Personally when it says it wants access to all of my Facebook friends, I get a gibsonian response.

If it posts to my wall, or has any interaction with my friends other than what I manually decide to post, I don't use the app. I get annoyed enough being invited to silly games like Candy Crush and Farmville without being a cause of the problem.

Just to note, your poll has one of my pet peeves:

ms0JlSl.gif

58V4uTo.gif

EDIT: Sneaky editing from warwagon, perhaps? At least it resolves my petty issue. :p (Y)

Sadly none of the poll options are my answer, I don't think.

My FB exists solely for the purpose of these app authorizations for quick signups for certain sites and for giveaways done by Tech Sites or Microsoft. So I click Yes.

Depends on what the app was. Was it something i trusted? Then probably 'Yes'. If not then usually i'll take a bit more time to read the TOS.

No matter what the option though, it has little to do with friends privacy.

Don't care either way, as I, don't use FB and if I did, I wouldn't use a same profile/email in order to avoid the above.

So your opinion isn't valid as this poll is for people who DO use Facebook.

Your actual answer would also be "no" as you would use a different profile, therefore protecting your real friends list.

• Like 1

So your opinion isn't valid as this poll is for people who DO use Facebook.

Your actual answer would also be "no" as you would use a different profile, therefore protecting your real friends list.

Indeed.