Watch your friends

Watch your friends? games with Steam Broadcasting ? now in beta

Tuesday, 2nd December 2014 19:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Starting today, Steam users can watch their friends games through Steam Broadcasting, which is now available in beta.

Valve said the new option will allow Steam users to click ?Watch Game? on their friend?s profile or via their friend?s list.

This will open a window into said pal?s gameplay, and ?no game ownership, special fees, or additional apps? are required.

The beta is open to everyone who opts in to the Steam Client Beta, but note that at this time, bandwidth may be limited due to the beta.

You can find out more on Steam Broadcast through the update page.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/02/steam-broadcasting-pc-mac-linx-beta/

Awesome. :) Would be even more awesome if there's a way to mirror it to Twitch/YouTube as well to increase your audience.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed ? my Steam friends aren't going to care what I broadcast. My intended audience would be my Facebook friends and Google+ followers. If there were a way they could simply watch me play without having to sign up for anything or download anything and even watch via mobile, I would get excited for this. If it's just Steam friends, I'll probably do more watching than broadcasting (with people actually watching, I mean).