Woman kept dead husband's corpse for 6 months -

Woman kept husband's decaying corpse for 6 months waiting for him to be resurrected by......  God !!

He had diabetes, and they refused treatment thinking it would be healed by ..... God !

The whole family believed he would rise from the dead like ...... you guessed it..... a unicorn.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/woman-kept-husband-s-corpse-for-months-in-hopes-of-resurrection-court-hears-1.2129111

Here is a clip:
post-508501-0-22046100-1417567449.jpg

Doesn't sound like any regular Christian group I'm aware of. Sure, we believe in the Resurrection, but not this kind of quick turnaround! It's not like sending your XBox in to get fixed!

Sounds to me like they took that "Resurrection" show on ABC a bit too seriously.

• Like 3

thought this was floriduh at it again....

I guess #floridaman won't be showing up to that woman's place anytime soon!

She's resurrecting him wrong! Doesn't she know you are suppose to bury him in a pet cemetery .... DUH!

Or call Frodrick Fronkensteen! Look what he did for Abby Normal! :laugh:

Woman kept husband's decaying corpse for 6 months waiting for him to be resurrected by......  God !!

He had diabetes, and they refused treatment thinking it would be healed by ..... God !

The whole family believed he would rise from the dead like ...... you guessed it..... a unicorn.

I detect condescension, but I can't be sure.

• Like 2

How can she think he would actually be resurrected?

There has never in history been anyone who has came back from the dead. Obviously because its not possible.

Yet this woman thinks "God" is going to bring her husband back from the dead.

Don't reply to this saying something like "Actually there has been someone in history who came back from the dead jesus" because I don't believe in any of that.

I base my facts of science not religion.

There has never in history been anyone who has came back from the dead. Obviously because its not possible.

Don't reply to this saying something like "Actually there has been someone in history who came back from the dead jesus" because I don't believe in any of that.

There is a term for that. It's called "A religious nut"

The fact so many people were involved is the weird thing. If she was alone and just fanatically religious you could see it as possible, but her, her kids, and 7 housemates all praying for a resurrection? 

Uhh...duhfuhk?

Clearly the problem is that she did not ritually cleanse his body, wrap him in burial robes, place his body in a cave and roll a large stone in front of the entrance. This is what happens when you don't read the manual and follow instructions.

She could have put him to good use....like, put him as a passenger in the van so she could use the reserved lanes and to deter theft...but, then I can't see anyone wanting to steal that.

I realize logic and intelligence are thrown out the window when matters of faith are concerned, but what makes her think her husband was so special ?

She must have thought resurrection was a common thing.  Or did she think her husband was more important than the billions who havent been resurrected ?

"God will heal him"   (he dies of complications from diabetes)
"Uhhh  OK, well God let him die, so he could be resurrected "  (he continues to decay with not ressurection)
"............................................."
"....any minute now....."

• Like 1

The fact so many people were involved is the weird thing. If she was alone and just fanatically religious you could see it as possible, but her, her kids, and 7 housemates all praying for a resurrection? 

Uhh...duhfuhk?

Just shows how easily you can f%$k up a kids mind with fairytales and make believe nonsense.  Especially when you have all the role models believing in the same crap. Hope the kids were checked out and deemed ok while in custody of the necro-mom.  If they thought leaving stinky in the room was going to work what other dumb ideas are going through her head.

There are stories of people being legally dead for a few minutes, then "coming alive" again. However, since the Bible says only Jesus raised people from the dead and only He actually himself defeated death, this "religious" person may have had good intentions, but got her mentality really, really messed up.

I realize logic and intelligence are thrown out the window when matters of faith are concerned, but what makes her think her husband was so special ?

Well, here's the funny thing about religion, some people use it to justify the most absurd behaviors just because they feel it's God's will guiding them. How strange that God coincidentally wants what they want and fears what they fear, right? :o

Well, here's the funny thing about religion, some people use it to justify the most absurd behaviors just because they feel it's God's will guiding them. How strange that God coincidentally wants what they want and fears what they fear, right? :o

God always thinks like you. I don't think I have ever met one believer who has ever said "I believe in and love God, but we do disagree about X". It's always "God wants XYZ, I knwo this, anyone who says otherwise is wrong!"

There are stories of people being legally dead for a few minutes, then "coming alive" again. However, since the Bible says only Jesus raised people from the dead and only He actually himself defeated death, this "religious" person may have had good intentions, but got her mentality really, really messed up.

Why air quotes? Are you doubting she was religious? I think it's fair to say she was very, very religious.

I do agree with you, but in so far as coming back from the dead, flatlining on an operation table was also considered dead once, and then there is a miracle, god powered up the defibrillator and zapped the subject back to life

(It sounded funnier as I was thinking it, sorry)