Family blame samaritan for the shooting their criminal son during robbery

Adric White was already found guilty of other armed robberies and was out on bail when he tried to rob a Mobile, Alabama Family Dollar store. But a customer legally armed himself shot him down and saved the lives of everyone in the store. But who does the robber?s family blame? Everyone else, of course.

White, 18, was charged with five counts of first degree robbery, stemming from three separate crimes this week but he?s lucky he isn?t pushing up daisies.When the idiot teen entered the store he drew his gun and began to put it in the faces and to the heads of the workers and customers as he demanded cash.

But into the store walked a good Samaritan with a legal concealed carry permit. He quickly sized up the situation and then told the punk to drop his gun and when the robber turned on him, the good Samaritan opened fire hitting White five times.

According to Fox 10, though, the family is upset? not at their own criminal son, but at the good Samaritan for shooting him.

FOX10 spoke exclusively to both the unnamed Good Samaritan and the family members of White. They?re livid that their son was shot while pointing a gun in someone?s face.

?If [the customer?s] life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him ? what gives him the right to think that it?s okay to just shoot someone?? a relative, who wished to remain anonymous, told FOX10. ?You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.?

?He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees,? said the Good Samaritan, who wished to remain anonymous. ?I drew my gun on him and I said 'Hey don't move.' At that point he swung around and before he had a chance to aim the gun at me I fired. I didn?t want to shoot him.?

The man shot White five times. He was taken to USA Medical Center, where he remains in police custody.

2-3 volleys. They train you to shoot in 2-3 shot volleys, so if he didn't go down or drop the weapon right away he gets an extra helping - with sprinkles.

Also, the defender should have civil immunity for his actions under Alabama's self defense law,

http://lawofselfdefense.com/statute/al-section-13a-3-23-use-of-force-in-defense-of-a-person/

Code of Alabama (C.O.A.)

Title 13. Criminal Code

Article 2. Justification and Excuse

Section 13A-3-23 Use of force in defense of a person.

>

>

(d) A person who uses force, including deadly physical force, as justified and permitted in this section is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the force was determined to be unlawful.

This should be as lawful as it gets.

You know its cool that the man stopped the robbery, but what would have happened if he hit one of the victims and they died. Would he be charged?

You know its cool that the man stopped the robbery, but what would have happened if he hit one of the victims and they died. Would he be charged?

Most all states have Stand Your Ground or aggressive self-defense laws that cover defending yourself or third parties using up to and including deadly force, so no.

Here in Michigan and a lot of other states he'd probably get a public service medal.

So their child is a known criminal who is fresh out of jail, goes to rob a store toting a firearm and is shot to death. And now the family want to sue? Whoever lawyer takes this up needs to have his license stripped and barred from practice. Its irresponsible parenting and stupidity on this level which is causing our modern society to fall apart.

• Like 2

Adric White was already found guilty of other armed robberies and was out on bail when he tried to rob a Mobile, Alabama Family Dollar store. But a customer legally armed himself shot him down and saved the lives of everyone in the store. 

ugh, first amendment journalists...

• Like 3

So their child is a known criminal who is fresh out of jail, goes to rob a store toting a firearm and is shot to death. And now the family want to sue? Whoever lawyer takes this up needs to have his license stripped and barred from practice. Its irresponsible parenting and stupidity on this level which is causing our modern society to fall apart.

He will get a court appointed attorney.  Someone who is either just learning the ropes, or who wants to help people in trouble.  And your insightful decision is to debar these public defendants ?

Even before I clicked on the link - I just knew what race the robber's family was.  Is that racist, or an educated guess ?

• Like 1

Even before I clicked on the link - I just knew what race the robber's family was.  Is that racist, or an educated guess ?

No, just once you hear the "it is everybody else's fault" type of argument, you know what the race is.

• Like 3

In the UK, samaritans just answer the phone and convince you not to kill yourself.

And here they also can protect others from third party assaults, especially sexual assaults, even if it takes deadly force.

It also dosen't have anything to do with firearms - you could crown them with a baseball bat, rock or piece of rebar if that's what it takes. Firearms are just more precise and a lower risk for the defender because they're a stand-off weapon.

to be fair I don't think shooting someone, criminal or not, while being relatively or entirely safe counts as a Samaritan. the girl who got beaten into a coma and just died for saving two other girls from rapists was a Samaritan.

No, just once you hear the "it is everybody else's fault" type of argument, you know what the race is.

Riiight. Because, nobody else ever blames other people for their own doings and shortcomings. Everybody, except Blacks, are completely and solely accountable for their actions. Got it.   

He will get a court appointed attorney.  Someone who is either just learning the ropes, or who wants to help people in trouble.  And your insightful decision is to debar these public defendants ?

Very well said.  The lawyers that defend these assclowns do not do it for them, they do it to maintain legal process.

• Like 2

And the part that gets to me is his mug shot of him with his face of defiance - not even attempting to at least appear like a victim. You know who is really harmed by this sort of crap? minorities who are real victims of crimes motivated by bigotry but now, thanks to morons like this kid, people are going to automatically assume the person is in the wrong even if the person was a genuine victim. At this point it reminds me of feminism where the screaming and yelling by the usual suspects now make people, men and women, suspect any sort of rape or assault accusation as motivated by a vendetta resulting in real victims being scared off from reporting such crimes out of fear that they'll be second guessed. The more the race batters open up their mouths the more they harm real victims - they're doing more harm to their own communities than white nationalists could ever dream of doing.

Fighting off an aggressive, sexually abusive or murderous hoodlum shouldn't be subject to fair fight standards to qualify.

who said it did, but it doesn't make you a Samaritan.