My Opinion about Ads on Youtube.

I watch Youtube on my iPad 2. In fact that's about all it's used for. I do not have my iPad Jail broken and do not have any ad blocker software on it, is there any?

I don't mind ads on youtube to a point. If there is a 30 second or 15 second ad, but it allows you to skip to it and go right to the content after 5 seconds, I can live with that.

What annoys the ###### out of me are people like IGN who have FULL 30 SECOND ADS YOU CAN'T SKIP! I just don't watch it. I boycott the video, I just get so annoyed I leave the video.

Then they wonder why people install adblockers. I think People like IGN give ads a horrible name.

I remember the good old days when there where no ads on Youtube.

I'm okay with there being ads on Youtube but what really annoys me is when they put ads half way through the video.

If Youtube has to have ads they should be at the beginning and end of the video not half way through.

• Like 2

Its the video creator not YouTube that decides if they will have intro, outro and especially in the muddle ads.

Google as far as I know only enforces the graphical on top ads/banners, which annoyingly after you click them away leave the little thing at the bottom if you'd want to unhide the banner......

Its the video creator not YouTube that decides if they will have intro, outro and especially in the muddle ads.

Exactly. Which is why i'm boycotting IGN videos on youtube.... Boycotting as in if I click a video that has a 30 second non skippable ad, I move onto an other video ...and IGN seems to be the one I see it the most from.

I'm fine with 5 second ads but no longer than that. So I'm with you on that warwagon....it would be better to have 0 ads though, BC most don't even care to click them.

They have to make money. If you want to watch videos then you will have yo wait the 30 seconds.

I watch Youtube on my iPad 2. In fact that's about all it's used for. I do not have my iPad Jail broken and do not have any ad blocker software on it, is there any?

I don't mind ads on youtube to a point. If there is a 30 second or 15 second ad, but it allows you to skip to it and go right to the content after 5 seconds, I can live with that.

What annoys the ###### out of me are people like IGN who have FULL 30 SECOND ADS YOU CAN'T SKIP! I just don't watch it. I boycott the video, I just get so annoyed I leave the video.

Then they wonder why people install adblockers. I think People like IGN give ads a horrible name.

Then don't watch the videos that are made by IGN ...  just look out for IGN in the title or logo in the video screen before you click to play it.

Or you can find same videos from other sources with/without ads.

All I hear is "Someone produced/wrote/directed something that is interesting or good enough that I want to watch it but there's no way I'm giving them money for all their hard work!"

Like other people said, don't watch them.  Or choose to support the people that make videos you watch.

• Like 2

i've seen worse: full music videos from a no-one-knows-who (3min+) or a full blown ad that last more than 1min. Now that's aggravating.

It helps people so I don't disable them. Sucks how google isn't pay them that much though. :(

The advertisements that one can skip within 5 seconds or so do not really bother me as I tend to skip those. However, if an advertisement that cannot be skipped lasts for 30 seconds or longer, I try to find something else to do while it is playing. You see, if I invested the effort to search for a video with similar content, it would probably take just as much time as the advertisement itself to find an alternative that I prefer (obviously this statement depends on a variety of factors, such as the availability of a similar video, its level of quality, and whether the new video itself plays an advertisement). As advertisements financially help the content creators / uploaders, I feel that it is better to let them play and do something else in the meantime as all involved parties will benefit.

On that note, I wonder why there are certain YouTube users who upload content and then state "I do not own insert type of media here." It is a shame that some are able to earn revenue this way. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Be thankful it's not the new EU video that's 15 minutes long...

Not just that but they don't have anything better to do with our money than post an 15 MINUTE VIDEO AD on YouTube, oh cmon.

warwagon: I don't know about iPad but what type of browser is your iPad using?  Wonder if there's a Firefox for the iPad.  There's AdBlock for Firefox.  A lot of adblocking addons available. Just a thought. :)

I haven't seen adverts on my PC on YouTube for many, many years thanks to Adblock Plus.

Shame I can't stop them on the phone YouTube app.