Report: Over 7.7 Million Copies Of Pok?mon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire Sold

by Mike Futter on December 04, 2014 at 08:13 AM

PokeORASLegendaries-610.jpg

Now that the latest Pok?mon title is available worldwide, The Pok?mon Company is sharing some impressive sales numbers. We already knew that the title started strong in North America and Japan, but with Europe in the mix, there?s reason for Nintendo to celebrate.

According to a report in Famitsu, worldwide sales of Pok?mon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have surpassed 7.7 million. This is up from opening week performance of over 3 million before launching in Europe.

As of March 31, when Nintendo last updated its software sales statistics, Pok?mon X and Y had moved a combined 12.24 million units. For more on Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, check out our review.

[source: Famitsu via Joystiq]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/12/04/report-over-7-7-million-copies-of-pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire-sold.aspx

I will never understand what people find so entertaining about Pokemon.

I admit to watching the show as a very young child but even then didn't really like it that much.

Its people's choice weather they watch it or not I guess but I know of 20 year old men who watch this and that's what I find wired.

The games are even worse in my opinion but maybe that's just me.

How they got the game's and TV show so popular I will never know

My daughter loves it to death.. got both of these waiting for Christmas.  Don't see the big facination either, but *shrug* could be worse.

My daughter loves it to death.. got both of these waiting for Christmas.  Don't see the big facination either, but *shrug* could be worse.

You're a good dad :p I always thought that if I have kids I'd never be able to buy them video games because I'd want to play them so I would always give them to them early  :laugh:

Pokemon is massive. It is a guaranteed seller. I've never been into, either, but for those who dig it, it seems to make 'em happy. I say have fun.  :woot:

You're a good dad :p I always thought that if I have kids I'd never be able to buy them video games because I'd want to play them so I would always give them to them early  :laugh:

Hah, won't lie, sometimes the temptation does come up. Once in a while I'll have to buy two of something just because the "ooo shiney" factor hit me too, had to double up on a recent tablet purchase for example. (Except I don't have to wait lol.)

I bought both copies for myself, still have my original team from my original sapphire :D ( and yes I have brought them forward :D )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will never understand what people find so entertaining about Pokemon.

I admit to watching the show as a very young child but even then didn't really like it that much.

Its people's choice weather they watch it or not I guess but I know of 20 year old men who watch this and that's what I find wired.

The games are even worse in my opinion but maybe that's just me.

How they got the game's and TV show so popular I will never know

We all have differing opinions. Some adults enjoy Pokemon, others enjoy not checking their grammar or spelling. :)

• Like 1

When will they release Red and Blue on iOS. All they need to do is, create a free client on the App Store and make people buy the game on there site. This way they dont need to pay Apple 30% of the sale. Would love Red and Blue on my iPhone 6 Plus

How many pokemons are there now? Not games, but the actual pokemons you can collect? When I played it, I think there were 151 or so.

719, but availability varies between generations. i.e no single game includes each and every pokemon. You can transfer between games to access those not included on the cart, but it's quite time consuming and involves multi-plays/resets to move the starters etc.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_availability

719, but availability varies between generations. i.e no single game includes each and every pokemon. You can transfer between games to access those not included on the cart, but it's quite time consuming and involves multi-plays/resets to move the starters etc.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_availability

Wow. Is Pikachu still the most popular?

I just recently played the original Ruby game on GBA for the first time... had lots of fun playing it.  Can't wait to check this one out.

I wanted to point out though how's it's slightly "cheating" by celebrating over 7.7 million copies when it's *technically* 2 different games, yet they're the same at the same time.  Many people purchased both, for example.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...