Flash Player problem

Hi guys. I have a problem with Flash Player, it's the first time I've ever experienced this and I don't have a clue about the cause.

So, the problem is somewhat random, because I can't be 100% sure when it happens, but I think I might start to see a pattern. If I'm watching some video online and pause it, then come back after a while (I think it happens when it's paused for longer periods of time, like 30 minutes - 1 hour) and try to resume, I get a pop-up about the plugin being unresponsive, with Continue and Stop plugin. No matter what I choose, no matter if I restart the browser, flash player won't load anymore. It works again by restarting the PC. Also, it's not browser specific, because it happens the same in Chrome and in Firefox. The PC has Windows 8.1 on it and hardware acceleration disabled, both in browsers and Flash Player (if it matters).

Things like this happened to me in the past, but reloading the page also reloaded the plugin, so no problem. But this time I really can't find a solution.

Any ideas?

Uninstall all versions of Flash Player. I do not think you can uninstall the IE version though. Reboot and then re-download the latest versions. If that doesn't help, make sure you video drivers are up to date.

Try downloading and running the adobe flash uninstaller - http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Then re-installing the plugin from adobe site for Chrome / Firefox. Since Windows 8x it's baked in.

Visit this site - http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

It allows you control's to the plugin, try clearing the adobe cache files (there independent of the browser)

on top of what everyone else has said, make sure your graphic drivers are up to date

i've had weird issues similar to this with flash on a computer that had outdated graphics drivers before

on top of what everyone else has said, make sure your graphic drivers are up to date

i've had weird issues similar to this with flash on a computer that had outdated graphics drivers before

Well, that could be a problem. There are no drivers for this gpu (gma945) for Win 8, so I got the ones from Windows Update. I can try with the Windows 7 drivers to see if the problem still exists, but installing those drivers made about 55.000 events in the event viewer, all identical:

The description for Event ID 5010 from source netwlv32 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\NDMP1
\DEVICE\{5B311AB9-136B-4E3B-BB63-2D80962AABD1}

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Hi guys. I have a problem with Flash Player, it's the first time I've ever experienced this and I don't have a clue about the cause.

So, the problem is somewhat random, because I can't be 100% sure when it happens, but I think I might start to see a pattern. If I'm watching some video online and pause it, then come back after a while (I think it happens when it's paused for longer periods of time, like 30 minutes - 1 hour) and try to resume, I get a pop-up about the plugin being unresponsive, with Continue and Stop plugin. No matter what I choose, no matter if I restart the browser, flash player won't load anymore. It works again by restarting the PC. Also, it's not browser specific, because it happens the same in Chrome and in Firefox. The PC has Windows 8.1 on it and hardware acceleration disabled, both in browsers and Flash Player (if it matters).

Things like this happened to me in the past, but reloading the page also reloaded the plugin, so no problem. But this time I really can't find a solution.

Any ideas?

Go here and see if your PC is a HTML5 compatible... if so, click on the button for HTML5 and see if the player works for you.

If you are talking about the player on Facebook or some website... then no idea what to tell you except get a new pc/tablet if you are not able to get the driver for your current PC if you can't wait that long.

If I were you, if Facebook or said website that has bad player, then look up the title then find it on YouTube and see if they have it in HTML5 for you.

Go here and see if your PC is a HTML5 compatible... if so, click on the button for HTML5 and see if the player works for you.

If you are talking about the player on Facebook or some website... then no idea what to tell you except get a new pc/tablet if you are not able to get the driver for your current PC if you can't wait that long.

If I were you, if Facebook or said website that has bad player, then look up the title then find it on YouTube and see if they have it in HTML5 for you.

Well that's not an option, since the site doesn't have HTML5 players. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, so far so good, I'll wait some more to see if the issue shows up again.

If reinstalling Flash doesn't seems to work in long run, then I would personally recommend "using third party modded drivers" for enabling hardware accelerations and some improvements and using browsers and Flash with Hardware Acceleration turned ON.

If reinstalling Flash doesn't seems to work in long run, then I would personally recommend "using third party modded drivers" for enabling hardware accelerations and some improvements and using browsers and Flash with Hardware Acceleration turned ON.

I can use hardware acceleration right now, but it seems I have much better performance in browser and in flash videos with the acceleration turned off.

Suspend/hibernation problem?

No, because I just leave the laptop with the video paused and it doesn't go to sleep, I set it only to turn off the screen after a while.

Seems that upgrading to the latest version (16) made the issue go away. I didn't have any crash since then, so maybe it was an issue with the older version. Thank you all, thread can be closed. :)