Street Fighter 5 Revealed as a PS4, PC Exclusive

[uPDATE] Teaser trailer removed from YouTube; full announcement likely to come this weekend.

by Eddie Makuch on

December 5, 2014

2750462-sfv.jpg

[uPDATE] As it turns out, Capcom isn't quite ready to show off Street Fighter V. Just minutes after we published this story, Capcom set the Street Fighter V video to private. Expect a full announcement this weekend during PlayStation Experience.

The original story is below.

One of PlayStation Experience's announcements has arrived a little early, as Capcom today posted a teaser trailer for Street Fighter V, coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 and PC.

The above teaser trailer was posted to Capcom's YouTube channel this morning. We already know that Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono is in Las Vegas for PlayStation Experience, and now it appears we know why.

According to prior comments from Ono, Street Fighter V is still in the early stages of development. He also assures fans that the fighting game will not be "pay-to-win."

The most recent core Street Fighter game was 2009's Street Fighter IV for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/street-fighter-5-revealed-as-a-ps4-pc-exclusive/1100-6423993/

:woot::woot::woot:

Just semantics for "not going to be avaiable to xbox1" :)

I'm not even that bothered, i ended my Street Fighter career on a high when i used Zangief's spinning pile driver to finish off M Bison on the hardest difficulty. Childhood complete! 

• Like 3

I think it would be nice for the PC to get recognition as a legitimate gaming platform and have exclusives or timed exclusives. Then again exclusives are more or less a way for console companies to sell hardware. 

Oh and even though I have yet to pick up on SFIV, SSFIVAE etc.. due to having trouble learning the complex moves (lol) I may pick this up as well. If I have previous game(s) I have to have the sequels in my library ready to go just in case. :P

Will trade SF V  for new Tomb Raider!

ps. i was always a MK and tekken fan, much more so then SF.  Last SF I cared about was SF2 Turbo.

• Like 1

As a PS4 owner I guess it doesn't bother me that its not coming to the Xbox One.

But I still don't like the trend where multiplatform games are going exclusive... 

SFV looks great though.

So here we have a second game from a popular series that has traditionally gone multiplatform going to just one console. It'll be interesting to see the internet reaction.

Personally, I'm not shocked to see it happen since consoles need exclusives to really differentiate themselves (at least up until this generation of consoles). If Sony worked out a deal with Capcom, then it will be interesting to find out the terms of that deal. SF is a popular brand, so this could be nice boost for the platform. I guess that boost could be countered by bad pr among the internet community, but maybe this time people will react differently.

I do know people that own X1s that are also fighting game fans that will not be happy about this.

As a PS4 owner I guess it doesn't bother me that its not coming to the Xbox One.

But I still don't like the trend where multiplatform games are going exclusive... 

SFV looks great though.

So your ok with it as long as it favors your brand of choice? Fair enough.

SFV does look promising though.

The last time I played one of these games I was probably around the age of 9-10 and it was one of the first games I had ever played.

I'm going to get this game mainly for the memories 

The last time I played one of these games I was probably around the age of 9-10 and it was one of the first games I had ever played.

I'm going to get this game mainly for the memories 

did you get to play sf 4 then?   i lost interest after buying the first released sf 4 on day 1. 

so i would fail to see the point of buying 5 if you skipped 4.

did you get to play sf 4 then?   i lost interest after buying the first released sf 4 on day 1. 

so i would fail to see the point of buying 5 if you skipped 4.

Yeah I've played 3 and 4 but didn't play 1 and 2 just because I wasn't in to gaming back then and them games obviously look horrible now.

• Like 1

No idea why Capcom are making a series this big platform exclusive. Sure it was a big PS title after Snes, but these days it's associated as multiplaform.

Decisions these days that Capcom make annoy me. Where's Dragons Dogma 2 as well.... No one asked for Deep Down.

Yeah I've played 3 and 4 but didn't play 1 and 2 just because I wasn't in to gaming back then and them games obviously look horrible now.

There was no Street Fighter (1).  The series started (at least in the console world) with a game called Fighting Street.  Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting Edition was the first release on the SNES followed very closely by the Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis.  There have been releases on Sega Saturn and Dreamcast, Wii, PC, Xbox (every version), PlayStation (every version) so far, it would be a crying shame for the game not to stay multi-platform.

I am a massive fan, and this rumour has just thrown a wrench in the works for me.  I am a big fan of both Killer Instinct (Xbone) and Street Fighter (PS4) - not sure which console to buy now.

There was no Street Fighter (1).  The series started (at least in the console world) with a game called Fighting Street.  Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting Edition was the first release on the SNES followed very closely by the Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis.  There have been releases on Sega Saturn and Dreamcast, Wii, PC, Xbox (every version), PlayStation (every version) so far, it would be a crying shame for the game not to stay multi-platform.

I am a massive fan, and this rumour has just thrown a wrench in the works for me.  I am a big fan of both Killer Instinct (Xbone) and Street Fighter (PS4) - not sure which console to buy now.

Er, no...

No idea why Capcom are making a series this big platform exclusive. Sure it was a big PS title after Snes, but these days it's associated as multiplaform.

Decisions these days that Capcom make annoy me. Where's Dragons Dogma 2 as well.... No one asked for Deep Down.

A new rating has popped up for Dragon's Dogma over the weekend. Possible announcement tonight at PSX? (https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/?ticket=ST-828905-eH6zyczAFo11jzf2ODUp-node1#details/trademarks/013532627)

Otherwise CES would be unlikely and GDC is still 3 1/2 months away.

NEC changed the name for the TG16 to Fighting Street. It was and always has been called Street Fighter originally.

Final Fight aka SF'89 was supposed to be the sequel to SF1, but spinned off into it's own series.

this is an outrage :shifty:

I expect a thread as big as the tomb raider one

Kinda wondering why anyone cares.  I tried to play SF4 and was like...why did I pay money for this?

Tomb Raider I'll definitely play.

• Like 1