I'm still waiting for all the tomb raider level rage at SFV being PS4 only. Where's the pages of rage calling out capcom and Sony?

I'm still waiting for all the tomb raider level rage at SFV being PS4 only. Where's the pages of rage calling out capcom and Sony?

I doubt it's ever going to reach that for any fighting game exclusive to any platform.

Tomb Raider has far wider appeal to be angry about for most gamers.

I still fully expect to see SSFV on X1 one day too.

I doubt it's ever going to reach that for any fighting game exclusive to any platform.

Tomb Raider has far wider appeal to be angry about for most gamers.

I still fully expect to see SSFV on X1 one day too.

It sets a precedent, Sony goes out and buys SFV, who can blame MS if they turn around and do the same for some other game?  Tomb Raider is just a timed exclusive, I can live with those, but when they start buying 100% exclusivity, good job not complaining when it's too late.

It's not a big deal for people who play SF, they can just get it on PC. I'm going to get it on PC, because I don't need to buy a new arcade stick for ps4.

It is kind of odd when you consider how similar the PC and X1 development must be...unless of course Capcom is still using DX9 in 90% of their games *rolls eyes*

It is kind of odd when you consider how similar the PC and X1 development must be...unless of course Capcom is still using DX9 in 90% of their games *rolls eyes*

Sony is most likely funding the game, just like deep down.

The other reason I think sf5 became console exclusive is because of deep down. Sony funded a game that got delayed a year plus with no release date  and the game also got bad impression of people playing builds at shows.

There was no Street Fighter (1).  The series started (at least in the console world) with a game called Fighting Street.  Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting Edition was the first release on the SNES followed very closely by the Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis.  There have been releases on Sega Saturn and Dreamcast, Wii, PC, Xbox (every version), PlayStation (every version) so far, it would be a crying shame for the game not to stay multi-platform.

I am a massive fan, and this rumour has just thrown a wrench in the works for me.  I am a big fan of both Killer Instinct (Xbone) and Street Fighter (PS4) - not sure which console to buy now.

I had/have Street Fighter on the Commodore 64 (the U.S Gold version).

I have yet to see Sony fund a game coming to PC except their own online projects.

"Capcom confirmed that Street Fighter V is being produced in partnership with Sony and is exclusive to the PlayStation 4 and PC."Gamestop

I guess they're Co-producing the game? Not sure what means, Capcom is known to outsource a lot the development of the fighting games like sf4 to DIMPs and Marvels Vs capcom 3 to 8ighting.

"Capcom confirmed that Street Fighter V is being produced in partnership with Sony and is exclusive to the PlayStation 4 and PC."Gamestop

I guess they're Co-producing the game? Not sure what means, Capcom is known to outsource a lot the development of the fighting games like sf4 to DIMPs and Marvels Vs capcom 3 to 8ighting.

Capcom outsources a lot of development of all their stuff from what I've seen, I find it more likely they're paying Sony to do marketing.  But either way I doubt we'll have more than vague details anytime soon.

It did seem from the announcement Sony were actually funding this opposed to just publishing it.

The cross between PC and PS4 is something Sony would greenlight as well.

No idea why Capcom are making a series this big platform exclusive. Sure it was a big PS title after Snes, but these days it's associated as multiplaform.

Decisions these days that Capcom make annoy me. Where's Dragons Dogma 2 as well.... No one asked for Deep Down.

Still patiently waiting for Dino Crisis... 

Still patiently waiting for Dino Crisis... 

Good luck with that. Capcom are a shadow of their former self.

I don't know if you guys saw it, but it was also confirmed at that show that Street Fighter IV Ultra will only come to the ps4 as well.

Sony must have chipped in quite a bit of support in order to secure not just SF5, but also SF4 Ultra only on the ps4. Sony opening up their wallet for sure. Its weird how similar this sounds to the MS/SE deal. Both Capcom and Square Enix were not doing terribly well financially and they were not confident enough to go it alone building a new game from a popular franchise, so they made a deal for exclusivity. Only in this case, Sony really locked it down.

They have been adament that SF5 will never come to other consoles, so it sounds like a likely outcome at this point. That means Sony will have the edge when it comes to fighting games (GG Xrd and now SF as exclusive fighting games along with the multiplatform Tekken 7 and MKX), and it will become very popular among the fighting game community. The FGC may not be enormous, but they have a way of spreading support for something that they like, so this will put Sony over the top with them.

MS looks a little silly just securing a timed exclusive with SE for Tomb Raider at this point. In the war for securing exclusive content, I have to say Sony is ahead now.

I don't know if you guys saw it, but it was also confirmed at that show that Street Fighter IV Ultra will only come to the ps4 as well.

Sony must have chipped in quite a bit of support in order to secure not just SF5, but also SF4 Ultra only on the ps4. Sony opening up their wallet for sure. Its weird how similar this sounds to the MS/SE deal. Both Capcom and Square Enix were not doing terribly well financially and they were not confident enough to go it alone building a new game from a popular franchise, so they made a deal for exclusivity. Only in this case, Sony really locked it down.

They have been adament that SF5 will never come to other consoles, so it sounds like a likely outcome at this point. That means Sony will have the edge when it comes to fighting games (GG Xrd and now SF as exclusive fighting games along with the multiplatform Tekken 7 and MKX), and it will become very popular among the fighting game community. The FGC may not be enormous, but they have a way of spreading support for something that they like, so this will put Sony over the top with them.

MS looks a little silly just securing a timed exclusive with SE for Tomb Raider at this point. In the war for securing exclusive content, I have to say Sony is ahead now.

The fgc is super niche community, if the tournament organizers are smart. They will adapt sf5 for pc and get pc sponsors. Instead of the same old madcatz sponsorship. That scene lacks real sponsorship money.

I have a PS4 and I think it stinks that it's PS4 console exclusive.  I think third party studios should support as many platforms as they can, even if they can't support multiple at launch they shouldn't rule out adding more in the future.  Console exclusives should be limited to 1st party titles.

That said it's pretty cool that PC vs. PS4 is a real thing.  This is something MS should be dominating in seeing as it makes Windows.

As for the level of outrage compared to Tomb Raider I just don't think fighting games have anywhere near the following of Tomb Raider to be as upset and of course there is going to be more outrage when a consoles that's currently sold more is excluded then when a console who is currently behind is.  Being excluded in multiplatform launches is an expected result of lower sales, that's what makes it even more of a slap in the face when the better selling console is excluded by a third party.

I have a PS4 and I think it stinks that it's PS4 console exclusive.  I think third party studios should support as many platforms as they can, even if they can't support multiple at launch they shouldn't rule out adding more in the future.  Console exclusives should be limited to 1st party titles.

That said it's pretty cool that PC vs. PS4 is a real thing.  This is something MS should be dominating in seeing as it makes Windows.

As for the level of outrage compared to Tomb Raider I just don't think fighting games have anywhere near the following of Tomb Raider to be as upset and of course there is going to be more outrage when a consoles that's currently sold more is excluded then when a console who is currently behind is.  Being excluded in multiplatform launches is an expected result of lower sales, that's what makes it even more of a slap in the face when the better selling console is excluded by a third party.

That just proves that people do not get upset over the principle of it, but instead get upset when it affects their personal experience, i.e. a game is exclusive to a platform they do not own. I'm not really surprised if that is the case.

As far as your point about it being worse when a better selling console does not get a third party game, I would tend to agree, but then there was little 'rage' regarding Bayonetta 2 only coming to the WiiU compared to TR.  In fact, both Bayonetta and SF are more extreme cases since we found out pretty quickly that TR was a timed exclusive. I guess there are many variables at play that affect the 'reaction' from the internet.

The PC vs PS4 thing is cool though.

Good luck with that. Capcom are a shadow of their former self.

Indeed. Looking back, I was right to turn down the opportunity to work in their localization department a few years ago (it was a tough decision at the time, though).

The last time I played one of these games I was probably around the age of 9-10 and it was one of the first games I had ever played.

I'm going to get this game mainly for the memories

Last I played street fighter was on Sega Genesis... Have no reason to get it on PS4, moved on from SF. But Capcom is in a bad way and have been for a long time now. It's only exclusive is bc Sony co produced and helped them out budget wise to make SFV PS4 only.

I want the new TR but it's timed exclusive for XB1 :(

• 5 months later...