That just proves that people do not get upset over the principle of it, but instead get upset when it affects their personal experience, i.e. a game is exclusive to a platform they do not own. I'm not really surprised if that is the case.

As far as your point about it being worse when a better selling console does not get a third party game, I would tend to agree, but then there was little 'rage' regarding Bayonetta 2 only coming to the WiiU compared to TR.  In fact, both Bayonetta and SF are more extreme cases since we found out pretty quickly that TR was a timed exclusive. I guess there are many variables at play that affect the 'reaction' from the internet.

The PC vs PS4 thing is cool though.

Bayonetta is kind of a really really niche game.

As for sf 5 it will be available on PC and you'll be able to play against console players.

I don't think you would hear as much complains about TR if it was coming to Xbox one and pc.

As for sf 5 it will be available on PC and you'll be able to play against console players.

I don't think you would hear as much complains about TR if it was coming to Xbox one and pc.

More complaining tends to go on when it's just a marketing deal and not an actual development deal (whoever is in charge, MS/Sony or Nintendo actually funding). Nintendo paid to develop Bayonetta 2 for example.

The more footage I see of this, the more I think this is a poor version of USF4, which was also on PS4, but just with characters looking even more unrealistic.

The more footage I see of this, the more I think this is a poor version of USF4, which was also on PS4, but just with characters looking even more unrealistic.

When has SF ever been realistic :rofl:

• Like 3

Well, if they have funded it you can't really complain.

Debatable.

Games that use to be multiplatform are more likely to draw a negative reaction when they are no longer multiplatform.

Again, it depends on how much you care about the game in the first place.

When has SF ever been realistic :rofl:

I didn't see him claim it was, just that it seemed more extreme now.

I don't particularly like the art style used in SF4 that lead to some really 'beefy' looks lol. SF5 looks a bit better in that respect.

• Like 2

That goes back to my point. The level of uproar is directly tied to games people care about. If you hate Gears, you aren't going to complain that its exclusive.

As you said, SF5 cross play with pc will be awesome. I'm glad Killer Instinct is doing the same thing. Two fighting games that are cross platform and cross play.

I didn't see him claim it was, just that it seemed more extreme now.

I don't particularly like the art style used in SF4 that lead to some really 'beefy' looks lol. SF5 looks a bit better in that respect.

Ironically the characters have far more detail in them, so his comment is bizaare regardless. The water colour paint effect has been toned down on characters significantly and upped on the special effects.

ultra-street-fighter-4-ryu.png?w=720

vs

20-60PRapt-1024x576.jpg?1c368f

• Like 2

Ironically the characters have far more detail in them, so his comment is bizaare regardless. The water colour paint effect has been toned down on characters significantly and upped on the special effects.

Oh I agree, the visuals are frankly, stunning. I would just prefer the character models on the smaller side. That doesn't take anything away from enjoying the game though. The gameplay reminds me of some of the older SF games like SF3: New Generation. It does seem to play a little slow though with the more elaborate animations. I can't wait to play it myself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

SF the movie fight game..right?

I never heard SF francieice being put down as much... LOL

the movie is the bad part of the otherwise cult francience.  here is a more suitable choice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcUIckennCA

edit:  apparently yhe alpha i remember, is alpha generations.      the alpha is not the movie i was looking for at all....

anyway, this is a good one:

anyway, 2 videos later.... this is still not the animated movie i was looking for... :huh:    seems to be too many.

• 2 weeks later...

lol I was pretty much like one of the posters above. For some reason out of all the countless hours spent playing street fighter on the snes and in the arcades i never could land the spinning piledriver with zangief.   One day out of the blue i landed that crap on my brother and KOed him and never played again that i can remember. I moved on to other games. I was harder than it seemed to do a perfect 360 on a digital pad at the perfect moment....

latest?cb=20100621222836

• 6 months later...

I think this game is going to get trashed in reviews from Yahtze, Jim Sterling, Total Biscuit,... Pushing out an incomplete game and having server problems does not look good.  I hope it was worth releasing this mess just to have it in time for Evo and your Capcom Pro Tour. Character story mode with only three 1 round matches (reading online some have only 2 fights). They should have just copied Mortal Kombat's story mode style. Brink back the Arcade mode so I can fight the CPU because the only way I can now is Training and Survival. Story doesn't count because you cant adjust the CPU difficulty.

On 6/12/2015 at 7:10 AM, Intersect said:

only on "pc and ps4" yeah just like all those movie trailers that say at the end "only in cinemas"

you can try porting it to your Xbox

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...