Xbox One - Install games overnight

I just got a Xbox One and I am having trouble installing games. When I install over night before I go to bed, the Xbox is off in the morning. I turn on the Xbox and see the install is only a few percent higher than when it started. I have my Xbox set to instant on and to NOT turn the hard disk off. Is there anything else I need to do?

Also, why does installing from a blu ray take the same speed as from online? Is the blu ray speed that bad? I got discs for some games thinking it would be faster but they are not.

Disconnect from XBL before installing from disc.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1235463-xbox-one-install-times-seriously-what-the-hell/

They really ought to add back a "low power state download" mode that doesn't require instant on, IMO.

Yes, let's hope this comes soon from an update. I miss being able to download games in the background and then having my console completely switch off. 

• Like 2

But my Xbox is set at instant on and to keep the HDD on, yet it still stops downloading when inactive during the night.  Am I missing another setting somewhere?

Make sure change the sleep setting to  3 or 5 hours. It will help since download could take long to some people... Mine usually takes about 30 mins for download. then install won't take long.

How are you guys downloading so fast?  Even the Blu Ray is taking a few hours.  I have 50mb/s internet and it still takes a while :(

Are you talking about install times from the disc or downloading updates?