Coldplay announce next album will be their last

Coldplay announce next album will be their last

Coldplay's Chris Martin says the band's seventh album, A Head Full of Dreams, will be 'the final thing we're doing'

Coldplay are working on their final album, Chris Martin has said.

A Head Full of Dreams, the band?s seventh studio album, is likely to be their last.

?We haven?t told anyone this but we?re making an album called A Head Full of Dreams. We?re right in the middle of it.

?It?s our seventh thing, and the way we look at it, it?s like the last Harry Potter book or something,? Martin told BBC Radio 1?s Zane Lowe.

?Not to say that there might not be another thing one day, but this is the completion of something.

?I have to think of it as the final thing we?re doing. Otherwise we wouldn?t put everything into it.?

Coldplay released their debut album, Parachutes, in 2000.

Their sixth, Ghost Stories, was released in May.

Source: The Telegraph

Man, I'm a big fan of their music and this is disappointing but everything doesn't last forever. I look forward to LP7.

Saw them live a few years back and man they put on a great show, hopefully I will get to see them one last time 

Honestly, it wasn't until I saw one of their live performances on television that I began to listen to them.

I was sick, wrapped up in blankets, with some nyquil... I find out Coldplay is going to play, I want to change the channel but too exhausted... suddenly, he sings and everything with the reverb, voice, sound and all just takes over and suddenly it clicks. "Ohhhhhhhhh..." I think. Just like that, I became a fan. Funny how we can enjoy something more if we only give it a chance.

Anyway, hopefully they keep touring. Sometimes people call it "quits" only to realize that they've made a mistake. History is evidence to that at least.

Didn't they do this years ago? I remember seeing them perform and at the end they said it was their last performance. I think Chis expect a huge outcry and it didn't happen, he followed it up with something about going on a long break. I think he is a bit of drama queen.

Didn't they do this years ago? I remember seeing them perform and at the end they said it was their last performance. I think Chis expect a huge outcry and it didn't happen, he followed it up with something about going on a long break. I think he is a bit of drama queen.

I've indeed heard this a few years ago.

Good they are meh "rock" music that boring mall moms listen to and think it's "rebellious" -_-

I kinda wish Bands, Artists, and Athletes would stop pretending to retire. They always come back and look like idiots.

Just say you're tired of doing the same o and take a break. You'll most likely be back anyways, and if you don't then oh well.

Sampled them all; did nothing for me. Any other recommendations?

Search Coldplay in youtube?

All of these songs play or played regularly on radio and tv, I'm not sure how you could have not heard them.

All of these songs play or played regularly on radio and tv, I'm not sure how you could have not heard them.

Three reasons:

1. I don't listen to music on the radio
  2. I live in Japan
  3. I don't have much interest in UK or American music produced beyond the late 1990s

:)

Three reasons:

2. I live in Japan
  3. I don't have much interest in UK or American music produced beyond the late 1990s

then why comment on a UK band "retirement" announcement?  :rolleyes:

then why comment on a UK band "retirement" announcement?  :rolleyes:

Why comment on my comment?

Why not? I have been aware of them since their inception, but never got round to finding out what all the fuss was about.

For me it's because the majority of today's music sucks and thus I don't listen to the radio or listen to music on TV. I cannot seriously think of a band/artist post-2000 that I actually liked/got into. Sure, there's albums released post-2000 all the way up to now that I like, but those are by established bands/artists.

It's sad really.

Three reasons:

2. I live in Japan

I've visited Japan various times and interest in English music is fairly high, even karaoke places in Japan have lots of English music. (I'm fairly certain they'd have some coldplay). But if you don't have interest in the music I guess you could avoid it, but Coldplay is very popular worldwide.

For me it's because the majority of today's music sucks and thus I don't listen to the radio or listen to music on TV. I cannot seriously think of a band/artist post-2000 that I actually liked/got into. Sure, there's albums released post-2000 all the way up to now that I like, but those are by established bands/artists.

It's sad really.

I prefer to keep an open-mind and listen to all types of music; new and old, local and foreign. But if you prefer to limit your music its understandable that you would not have heard of Coldplay. Coldplays first hit song was in 2000, but I think if you like music (pre-2000's) from R.E.M, Beetles, U2, Muse and Oasis, you may also like Coldplay.

• Like 1