HP Proliant Microserver Gen8

Hello

I have just installed windows server 2012 R2 essentials to my new server, thought I would take a backup of the OS and try it, I have one 500GB hard drive installed just now on raid 0, problem is non of the recover options work.

Refresh your PC gives message - The drive where windows is installed is locked, unlock the drive and try again. (I have no idea how to do this)

Reset your PC gives message - unable to reset your pc a required partition is missing.

System Image Recovery cannot find C drive so this also fails.

Using CMD prompt with cmd DISKPART then LIST VOLUME gives message There are no volumes.

The OS loads and runs fine so I do have a C drive volume, it don't however seem to be active when booting from the OS dvd to recovery environment.

Anyone have any idea where I may be going wrong, I think it maybe something to do with HP intelligent provisioning, as this sets up the OS and gets any drivers needed. 

This is a replacement server as the first one developed a main board problem, the previous server also had the above problem unless it's me doing something wrong, but it's now starting to annoy me as I want to image backup my server before I carry on setting it up. 

How exactly are you getting to the refresh your PC setting, are you booting the media, or using the provisioning? Yeah your going to need drives, etc.. Which provisioning did for you.. So can't you go through that get your media booted, and then restore from backup, etc..